Genesis Lake 11/7/11

crazedcarper

Monday.

We arrived at Genesis lakes at around 1pm monday afternoon and was met by Eddie and Val with a nice cuppa, was just what the doctor ordered as i was shattered from being up since 8am sunday morning and had driven through the night. Ed Dave and myself took a walk around the lake and Ed very kindly pointed out a few "well known" hotspots, we then went back to the lodge to sit down and have a gander through the recent catch reports which i have to say had been pretty impresive for the last few weeks. Im the first to admit that this is where we made our first mistake, being so tired we decided to set up right next to the facilities in peg 1 even though the catch report had been good, that night proved to draw us a blank but we got some rest and thought we could re-evaluate the next morning.

11072011074.jpg

Tuesday.

We awoke tuesday feeling allot better but alas the weather had taken a turn for the worst! It rained pretty much most of the day with only a few breaks so we decided to take advantage of the flatscreen telly and the lodge, we sat and had a few beers and watched a load of films. We again thought "ok we can get going tommorow" as the weather reports were saying back to the glorious weather that we had on the monday.

Wednesday.

We had a little bit of joy through the previous night resulting in the first fish of our session weighing 18lb 1oz [Pic below] so thought that maybe the fish where in front of us but we were not applying ourselves correctly so we changed up a few bits and went round to put a little bait in the opposite margins this again proved not to work....

13072011109.jpg

This was a new PB and Dave had more results later in the day and night from casting to open water and managed to bag a couple more low doubles and then smashed his PB again with this 20lb 7oz[Pic Below] he then landed a 14lber too so he was a happy bunny.

12072011097.jpg

Thursday.

Up to now i really had been struggling to get myself into gear, the loss of a nights sleep and the 9am - 9pm of 10 days work had got me more than i had realised and to be honest i was enjoying the beautifull location, the gorgeous food and the superb care that we were recieving from Ed and Val, all that coupled with the fact my phone wasnt ringing every five minutes, contributed to my failure up to this point to "get on the fish", BUT i awoke with a plan!! i gathered up the kit i needed and went off on a wander...

Down at the complete opposite end of the lake we had heard and seen carp the evening before and had put a little bait in, so i first targeted a peice of margin just up from this and thought i would give it an hour or 2 to see if it produced, which it did! My first fish of the session came in the form of a beautifully rose tinted common at 20lb 5oz [Pic Below] and anyone who knows me will also know that commons are my thing, so i was over the moon with this ultra clean specimen.

14072011135.jpg

I then moved spots as i really fancied getting a bit tighter into a very carpy looking corner which again produced some stunning fish weighing in at 26lb,,25lb,,19lb 2oz,, [Pics in that order below]..

14072011147.jpg

14072011154.jpg

13072011119.jpg

Pleased with myself i packed up just before dusk and wandered back up to the main camp. Whilst i was off on my jaunt dave had managed to winkle a few out low doubles but all welcome just the same.

Friday.

I awoke at around 5am and enjoyed a beautifull sunrise with the mist hanging but with that feeling of regret that i could of done allot more to catch some fish, but in the same breath knowing that i had just enjoyed an amazinglly relaxing week with Ed and Val providing the best company, meals and service i have ever experienced from any lake anywhere. Dave started stirring at about 7.30 and at 8.00am as we were packing away Dave recieved a major singal toner which i hit into for him as he was wrestling with his sleeping bag!! I passed him the rod and just said "dave that felt like a good fish mate" and judging by the little smirk on his face as he took the rod i think he agreed,, about 15 mins later there was his newest PB completely smashing his previous at 28lb 3oz, he was over the moon!

15072011168.jpg

To sum up Genesis lakes, its definatly one of the most beautiful locations ive ever been too, that and Ed and Val make this place a special and "must go to" venue. The fish fight like absolute demons and are in immaculate condition.

Oh Ed,, you really need to sort out the carp barrows bud we struggled with yours:lol: :lol:

11072011082.jpg

A Massive thankyou to Ed and Val from Dave and Myself, and i thank anybody who has taken the time to read this. :lol::lol:

• 1 month later...