Izaak Walton Fishery (Stafford)

Just returned from a day fishing here and couldnt see any reviews in search so thought l would add one for future reference.

Pulled up around 6.20 am to find 4 pools, Top pool, Middle pool, Bottom pool and a canal style pool mostly for matches. After a walk around all pools the amount of movement was encouraging on all 3 pools but we decided to fish the Top pool.

After being there just over half an hour l had my first take on red meat about 2 foot to the side of me

IMAG0039.jpg

Please excuse the glasses but it very much helps with my hayfever, although it wasnt a monster fish after blanking the last 4 times at my local synd this was a very welcome fish.

Within the next few hours l started to add more fish to the bank but as the weather had changed for the worse the camera man (the old man) decided he didnt want to keep leaving his day shelter

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

Through the day l had 18 carp in total the biggest being about 9 ilb with 4 decent tench and a couple of bream to add to the mix

Final Verdict:- Having spoke to the bailiff, who has taken over just last year is a very friendly chap (makes a change) and suggested that the bottom pool was best for carp with plenty of doubles and reports of a 30+ in there. Although the top pool has a 24ilb in there is rarely caught he said the bottom pool is defo the place for a carp angler. All in all as l mentioned it was a nice pool to get your confidence back after blanking and just gets your confidence back in your fishing.