willowcroft wisbech

Hi guys went with my lad on saturday he had 17 carp between 2lb and 10lb and 2 cat a 15lb and 18lb i had 21 carp all between 9lb and the biggest was 19lb 4oz we both fished from 8 am until 11pm and then pulled are rods in so we could sleep the place is crazy not my cup of tea but good to get a bend in your rod fish big baits or you will be plagued by small fish, i ended up fishing 2 x 22mm hali pellets and still got fish around 9lb.

• 1 month later...

what lake did you fish? the cafe lake which is the one next to the resevoir lake is normally the runs water holds alot of smaller fish.i fished it a couple of years ago while valley was shut with my brother in law.everyone fishing with pva bags so i done the same and caught loads of smaller carp.i started banging the bait in and started catching the better stamp of fish 18.5,18.0,19.11,20.4,21.0 also afew more around 15lb mark one night and day had around 20 fish good fun and a good chance to tweek ur rigs ready for the new season on your chosen lake.

• 2 weeks later...

Great venue, however as stated above the place seems to get more and more expensive each year. Ive fished 6 islands there which has some nice sized carp and catfish. Also fished seadyke a lot which is a runs water day ticket only which is a lot of fun. Also again as stated above cafe and the reservoir have been joined together which look good. There is always a lot going on there to improve the venue but i now struggle to want to pay the fees they ask. Its around 35 quid membership and then around 25 quid per 24 hours (roughly). I can fish elsewhere much cheaper which is a shame really as i really like the place and its not too far from me.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
pearbo

Posted: 23rd Jan 2013 18:06 Post subject: willowcroft, wisbech

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have been thinking of heading over there when the weather breaks (read; if the weather breaks) am i right in thinking they shut in the winter???

blythy

Posted: 23rd Jan 2013 19:43 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yeah its only open to members december-january