orchid lakes

I fished Powellys swim,, found the gravel about 60 yards out past the weedbank, pulled back tightish to it and caught,, was using small sticks full of boilie crumb and a few chops with chops on the hair,,, mates in the next 2 swims to my right and they were spodding large patches of bait and putting their rods on them and they had nothing, not saying its not the way to go but at that time it wasnt working and it seemed they were shying away from large patches, i know another guy thats done well spodding on there so its just a case of suck it and see,,, i would try the little sticks and single baits to start, you can always add to it if your getting fish,,, hope some of that helps :wink:

CC

• 4 weeks later...
I fished Powellys swim,, found the gravel about 60 yards out past the weedbank, pulled back tightish to it and caught,, was using small sticks full of boilie crumb and a few chops with chops on the hair,,, mates in the next 2 swims to my right and they were spodding large patches of bait and putting their rods on them and they had nothing, not saying its not the way to go but at that time it wasnt working and it seemed they were shying away from large patches, i know another guy thats done well spodding on there so its just a case of suck it and see,,, i would try the little sticks and single baits to start, you can always add to it if your getting fish,,, hope some of that helps :wink:

CC

:?::?:

I fished it the week after easter weekend with my son.Lovely place and he's sorted the weed out now.I done well on the zigs.No need to cast right out cause the fish come right in.Another good thing is your gears totally safe and there's no idiots there.

The safety down there is definatly great, you can relax thats for sure. Glad to hear hes got on top of the weed a bit down there too,, awesome venue tbh, i will be getting back down there when i can fit it in.

• 1 month later...

hey guys, can you pre-book swims at Orchid?

Reason I ask is I'm going tomorrow (3 of us) for the first time. Now my mate says he booked and we have to be there between 12 and 2pm, but i can't see anywhere saying you can book. Just don't want to arrive late in the day with no swims available! lol

I should ring them tbh

cheers anyway

There are 2 swims you can book in advance, The Alamo and The L Shape, both have what is described a lodge, I would call them garden sheds.....lol. Anyway, all the other swims are there for the first to arrive, no bookings.

Hope that helps.

Malc.