where to do a week...

hello all. i'd like peoples opinions..myself and 2 friends will have one week long go at somewhere this year (amongst shorter local trips). i'd like to know where people would advise? we would like somewhere that has some history ideally, some pretty fish and will keep us interested for the week (so i'm thinking a large water). i'm pretty clued up on my local waters but as we'll make a week of it were open to travelling anywhere in england really and my knowledge is a bit limited past norfolk!. cheers for any advice.

Guest Anonymous

As Kev said but not the pads..........you won't get a week on there unless you booked it as soon as the diary opened. If you want Sandhurst book your tickets early, same with the South but it's not so rammed.

One place closer to home is the Waveney complex, Heartsmere or Yew tree, the complex has history but isn't what it was in it's heyday.........but then where is?

very true, good amount of options, thanks for the input hammer. all we want is a beatiful quiet lake with guaranteed 30lb + every cast :wink:

perfectly reasonable request :lol::lol::wink:

Guest Anonymous
very true, good amount of options, thanks for the input hammer. all we want is a beatiful quiet lake with guaranteed 30lb + every cast :wink:

Monument...........................if you like garlic but I will tell Chilly and Ruth and you'll get a proper echo style beating :D

small price to pay :) . i'm liking the look of waveney...

I did have a quick search using the term "Fishing Holiday", and Waveney Valley, Marsh Farm, Yew Tree, and Taverham seem to come up a fair bit on the threads it pulled up :wink:

However if you book on Marsh, Heartsmere or Yew Tree I believe that you are booked into a particular swim for the duration, it may be worth double checking with them. :!:

I had a look around a few years ago (5 or 6 :shock: ) and actually fished Yew Tree, it did get a bit mad and crowded, although at the time Marsh and Heartsmere were quieter lakes. Since then Heartsmere has started producing 30's; I think often to casting to the far bank.

On Yew Tree, pellets over Trigga produced plenty of fish, including a few Cats.

Guest Anonymous

I did a week there about 6 years ago mate, on heartsmere. The lake was £125 per 24 hrs and we had five on, I'd take three next time.

We had fish to 28 and one in three was 20 plus, mostly on corn over hemp and corn.

The shop's friendly, there's a private car park for the lake with a power point, the shower block's immaculate. In truth, I haven't a bad word to say about the place.

all good info, much appreciated. sounds pricey hammer, £125 per 24hrs! having said that the amount i've spent on fishing holes in the ground it might not be that bad of a deal.. somewhere relatively quiet with a lot of water to go at is important, as your in a similiar neck of the woods salok i'm sure you find the same frustrations of turning up to a much looked forward to session to find the lake jam packed, i cant even think where's going to be worth trying in the bank holidays coming up cus they'll all be so busy and the tickets arent available yet for the club i'm going to fish this year :cry:

Guest Anonymous

David, that was per night for the lake mate, 25 quid a night each with five fishing.

Part of what Nick says is bang on regarding Heartsmere, fishing from the long bank casting to the overhanging trees produces well, but if you book the lake you obviously draw for swims with your mates or come to an agreement.

The far bank is also excellent with a float under the trees.

all good info, much appreciated. sounds pricey hammer, £125 per 24hrs! having said that the amount i've spent on fishing holes in the ground it might not be that bad of a deal.. somewhere relatively quiet with a lot of water to go at is important, as your in a similiar neck of the woods salok i'm sure you find the same frustrations of turning up to a much looked forward to session to find the lake jam packed, i cant even think where's going to be worth trying in the bank holidays coming up cus they'll all be so busy and the tickets arent available yet for the club i'm going to fish this year :cry:

That £125/24 hours was for the whole lake, not per angler, so it may be a bit more value if you work it out :wink:

Also don't forget Suffolk Water Park (£20 for 24hours), I know that there is a big thread around on that, I should also have a complete map with most of the depths marked, (also some of the spots that I caught fish from :shock: ), but again it does get very busy at times from Easter onwards. Toilets, showers and a good cafe all help, but its not that easy

Linear and those Oxfordshire waters will also have a few threads dedicated to them on here.

To be honest I gave up on Day Ticket/Holiday style lakes because of the crowds and cost and just spent my money on a Season Ticket. If I want to do a week at a time (which I tend to do as much as I can by putting too much work in) I just go there.

Nick

Guest Anonymous

I'd love a week on the North Nick, the 72 on, 48 off rule stops it. I wish they'd do us all a holiday ticket for a one week session per year...........it wouldn't be hard to implement.