billing aquradrome, northampton

has anyone fished billing aquadrome before. I fished the boat lake today for pike and had a little jack pike, probably the smallest pike in the lake. Does anyone know if ther are carp in any of the lakes at billing aquradrome?

cheers, any help welcome :D

Lillies Lake has good carp, very weedy and shallow. There is a small island near to one of the banks which is a regular patrol route for the carp.

Be aware that these carp have been fished-for LOTS so know all about hookbaits and hooks.

I'm told that the jetski lake holds good carp but I've never fished it.

The marina holds good stocks of fish, I've had good bream from there as well as carp. Fish as close as you can to moored boats in the long-term area.

The River Nene holds good tench and pike. For pike fish just below the weir next to the locks.

Good luck. Ian

• 3 years later...

Can't really help on the original question, cos I've never been there but I have read about it and Billing Aquadrome's got quite a special place in carp fishing history -

Carp originally stocked by Donald Leney and some headline grabbing catches in the 60s, particularly by Bob Reynolds, when it was thought it could produce the next record

- that history has got to add to the attraction of fishing there :wink:

Can't really help on the original question, cos I've never been there but I have read about it and Billing Aquadrome's got quite a special place in carp fishing history -

Carp originally stocked by Donald Leney and some headline grabbing catches in the 60s, particularly by Bob Reynolds, when it was thought it could produce the next record

- that history has got to add to the attraction of fishing there :wink:

Quite right. Regrettaby the entire site was under several feet of water some years ago, following mad flash flooding.

Them Leneys could now be anywhere. River Nene, maybe?

I'd like to think so. The attraction remains, just relocated a little.

Ian

i think billing was the home to a stunning fish called RASPBERRY R.I.P lenney strand she died aged 66 years young , my friend fishes there he has a holiday home there i,ve seen some of the fish from his photos cracking fish , i looked at joining £100ish a year but just a bit to far , but i bet it gets busy in the school holidays

Does anyone know the names of the good lakes to try at Billing, things seem to change all the time there with the work they are doing?

the guy's at the tackle shop don't come across as carp anglers more match fishing, and I am yet to bump into the bailiff over there, I took a walk around the marina and a short section of the river near the pub, the river looks amazing apart from the flaoting carrier bags and other camping / boat rubbish

Thanks

Bowza

Its all changed there recently guys, Ian, the carp from the lillie lake have been moved due to people tackling up too light and sangging fish in the lillies. There was also a fish kill on the kingfisher lake about 3 years ago which knockaed the plans at the time as that was going to be the main carp fishing lake. It still is really as the stock in that lake is still pretty good.

The guys at billing are trying to get the carp fishing off the ground again (i have been told) and are looking to make it a carp fishing week holiday style venue as well as camping/caravaning.

Some nice fish in the waters but they are few and far between these days. i know 15 of the better residents went into willow lake after transfer from the lilly lake, think that was november. if you do a google search you will also seen an article which was in the local chronical and echo. with video which will make you laugh your head of as the netsman tells his version on the one armed angler....... :lol: