Fishing for carp who have seen it all

dangling

This spring we booked a small lake with the two of us. Three acres and 90 fish is what we are looking at, but there is one problem. Since the opening of the lake some eight years ago the lake has been fully booked from april till november every single season. So it must the case be that these fish have seen it all. Every bait, every rig, every hot spot, every not so hot spot... :roll:

What would you guys do to make a diffence on a water like that? Would you try something sofisticated or just do what you do at home and wish for the best?

gr. Henk

Getting slightly off topic here...

I have noticed in france maggots seem to cost a hell of a lot more or is it just the one fishing shop i know charges a ridiculous amount?

take them with you.just put them in an air tight bag,suck all the air out and do the bag up.this suffocates them,stops them moving/sweating.they can be like this for 2 sometimes 3 days.once at the lake put them in a bucket and watch them come back to life :wink:

This spring we booked a small lake with the two of us. Three acres and 90 fish is what we are looking at, but there is one problem. Since the opening of the lake some eight years ago the lake has been fully booked from april till november every single season. So it must the case be that these fish have seen it all. Every bait, every rig, every hot spot, every not so hot spot... :roll:

What would you guys do to make a diffence on a water like that? Would you try something sofisticated or just do what you do at home and wish for the best?

gr. Henk

Personally I would go back to very simple rigs and find out what the normal tactics [that aren't working] are. Generally you will find that there is a common theme [loads of bait or just bags] which regular anglers tend to get locked into. If you then do the opposite the results can be stunning.

Be lucky.

Fantastic, a week allows you to do so much . Not knowing your ability or knowledge i'll throw some things at you,no offence meant.

Bait up several margins , trickle the bait in regularly and keep walking the lake looking for signs of feeding

Set up your base camp but in the day move around the lake fish different swims, this hopefully will keep the fish from holding up in one place

Try to get there early and talk to the previous lot on if something has worked for them it may work for you.

If every body fishes with boilies and struggles don't fish with boilies , having said that try BIG boilies 28mm or SMALL ones 8mm something different from the crowd and of course new potatoes straight from the can

no shaping them like boilies or chick peas my 2 favorites.

Pop ups and zigs different colours different depths

If you feel there are fish feeding near your rigs and you are catching nothing change your rigs, material length everything.

You are there for a week you will almost certainly catch more fish if you fish less , and by that i mean take your rods out,walk the lake with one rod if you see fish feeding drop a bait on it, if you feel a swim would be better fished with one rod then only use one rod . casting all three rod out and sitting on them for a week will be the big mistake in my opinion .

You have a whole week to outwit them dont get set in your ways, try new things until you find something that works ,

All the best ,John.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...