safe choddy when using a flouro leader.

cobleyn

All- a bit of advise please, as I have been playing around with end tackle all afternoon in the garage and I can't get a rig I am happy with.

I have been using leadcore on my choddies for some time and have become uncomfortable over time using leadcore, so have decided to move away.- PS lets not open that debate again. Nic - I know you're a big fan of leadcore so I know you're itching to defend it :lol:

I've also stepped up from my old 2 1/2 TC rods that have gone nice and soft to some 3 and 1/2's. On my third cast with the new rods I've cracked off, something I never really had to worry about with my old rods even fishing 12lb straight through.

So I have tied some 45lb Seaguar Florou on with a Albright knot, which is casting well with a straight lead on test casts. However, I've been mucking around with different beads and thicknesses of tubing this afternoon and I haven't found anything that slides over the top leader knot easily, yet still holds everything in position. I've heard that the Avid beads don't sit well on 'naked' line.

Has anyone got any thoughts on either a Chod or helicopter set- up that is safe, with a leader knot. (PS I'm fishing a silty lake with little or no hard patches)

All- a bit of advise please, as I have been playing around with end tackle all afternoon in the garage and I can't get a rig I am happy with.

I have been using leadcore on my choddies for some time and have become uncomfortable over time using leadcore, so have decided to move away.- PS lets not open that debate again. Nic - I know you're a big fan of leadcore so I know you're itching to defend it :lol:

I've also stepped up from my old 2 1/2 TC rods that have gone nice and soft to some 3 and 1/2's. On my third cast with the new rods I've cracked off, something I never really had to worry about with my old rods even fishing 12lb straight through.

So I have tied some 45lb Seaguar Florou on with a Albright knot, which is casting well with a straight lead on test casts. However, I've been mucking around with different beads and thicknesses of tubing this afternoon and I haven't found anything that slides over the top leader knot easily, yet still holds everything in position. I've heard that the Avid beads don't sit well on 'naked' line.

Has anyone got any thoughts on either a Chod or helicopter set- up that is safe, with a leader knot. (PS I'm fishing a silty lake with little or no hard patches)

Simples :wink::lol::lol:

Get a piece of rigid tubing, 2 soft rubber beads, a tail rubber if you want the "semi-fixed" effect of the rubber holding the tubing onto the lead attachment and a ring swivel.

A soft rubber bead at either end of the tubing with the rig on the ring swivel in between the two, (the large ring on the tubing). If you want it held in place on the lead attachment (a quick link clip on swivel works as well as anything), then the tail rubber will hold it onto the swivel and also hold the lead in place :wink:

I played with the idea years ago, and I mean years ago (at least 10) so have some pictures somewhere, even if they were using some darn awful Nash Outpoint hooks as my idea gathering

Guest Anonymous

Here we go............one of the things that uses Korda components :D

Slide a small Korda hooklength sinker onto your leader to where you want the stop, then take a 4mm Korda rubber tapered bead and slide it on with the wider part of the hole towards the hooklength sinker.

The bead will trap nicely onto the sinker but release with slight tension and should go over the knot due to the beads bore.

Korda has the odd use :wink: