Blythe Waters

busdaddy

Very nice.

I refuse to fish there, ever again, having been verbally abused by the wretched woman that runs the place.

I can't help wondering how many others she's driven away. It's not like she owns the place, she's employed by British Waterways, the REAL owners!

Ian

Ive never had a problem with her but I know many have and I can feel the seething undercurrent from her lol - I think she only likes matchmen.

Seething undercurrent is a good summary. She's entirely unsuited to be dealing with people. Any people, matchmen or otherwise.

Loathsome is a description that comes to mind. Frequently.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

been fishing the home pool for a number of years now. The home pool is a tremendous water to learn on. Had plenty of doubles and several 20+ very nice fish. Joined the syndicate last year, but never again. The water level is now 4 feet lower then its ever been, and there are more platforms you can't fish from than can. Its absolutely screaming out for some one to have an accident. If she took out 4 foot of water last year she'll empty it this year and she is only to happy to say out loud that she is going to do it. Bailiff she couldn't spell it never mind understand what one should do, The water board don't give a damn either. Be glad to gone, but sad to see such a good runs water go down the pan or in reality in to the match pools were she makes her money

• 7 months later...
spliff Posted: 8th Sep 2012 12:46 Post subject: Blythe Waters.................THE BALIFF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Tuesday 4th Sept I made a trip to Blythe Waters, on arrival I was greeted by the Baliff telling me in a raised voice that i was not allowed to use floating baits or bread despite the official noticeboard saying that floating baits are ok. She also made sure i was aware of the barbless hook rule. I went outside and was asked by 2 anglers which pool was which (there are 4) We were talking and Gail the baliff came running out of her hut screaming that i did'nt know what i was talking about and i did'nt know how to fish and if the guys i was talking to wanted to know anything that they have to speak only to her. I was a bit miffed to say the least but went on to Home pool and procceeded to fish. 11.30 came and she came up behind me and TOLD me to ' get those rigs out i want to see them now!' I did remark that manners such as 'please' would be appropriate but was told 'rigs NOW!' I reeled my rigs in and the first was ok, the second rig i was informed was 'barbed' and i had to leave, I disputed this and showed 2 other carp anglers my rigs and they BOTH confirmed that there was no barb. She then got aggressive in her manner and told me to leave saying that the Korda Kaptor hooks from the box were wrong and the people who made them are lying about the hooks being barbless!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am appalled that someone who purports to be a qualified baliff and a representitive of a company can act in such a shameful, rude and aggressive manner to a customer. I know that there have been many complaints about this woman and no doubt many more will surface/ Canal and river trust (british waterways) hang your heads in shame for allowing your staff to behave in this manner on your behalf. This is the first time in 40 years of angling that i have been treated this way and will never fish there again. She has no manners, no people skills and no angling skills or knowledge, she even claims that unhooking mats are not effective in fish care! Come on bw. have a look!

carefulcarping Posted: 8th Sep 2012 13:06 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never fished there even though it's quite close to me, but you are not alone as you have said, I have read many stories about this woman.

It is supposed to me a nice fishery though and is such a shame that one woman can make it a miserable experience for anglers.

jules007 Posted: 8th Sep 2012 14:17 Post subject:

think i will give this place a wide birth

garysj01 Posted: 8th Sep 2012 15:01 Post subject:

I might actually go, dressed as a chav armed with a harpoon gun, see whats seh says then

bish_471985 Posted: 8th Sep 2012 16:35 Post subject:

if what is said is true then thats one strange woman lol

andy52 Posted: 8th Sep 2012 19:04 Post subject:

Even posts on here in the past, saying exactly the same

Nick, you missed off the last 2 posts on that thread, was dougs and mine, another comment may of being made after ours too.

I copied and pasted what was there at the time :wink:

Some may have occurred while I was in motion

Must of mate :)

I made my comment, within seconds got an email saying someone had posted on the thread, went to the thread and it had gone :D

What I did say in my comment was...

We should organise a social for there :)

Guest Anonymous

hope for the womans sake that she doesnt google this up as she would probabaly be horrified by the slagging off she's getting :lol:

no excuses for the reports you guys have mentioned though, not suprising you refuse to fish there.....

hope for the womans sake that she doesnt google this up as she would probabaly be horrified by the slagging off she's getting :lol:

no excuses for the reports you guys have mentioned though, not suprising you refuse to fish there.....

She can't expect to do what she does, then google the place to get complimented.

Whereas other fisheries are helpful and friendly often find when the google themselves everyone gives great feedback and reports.

Treat others how you would like to be treated springs to mind

She can't expect to do what she does, then google the place to get complimented.

Whereas other fisheries are helpful and friendly often find when the google themselves everyone gives great feedback and reports.

Treat others how you would like to be treated springs to mind

i am a friend to everyone. please dont choose to be my enemy :roll:

• 9 months later...
Guest Anonymous

Well that's a shame, i was looking at a few trips here, been up to kingsbury a few times this year and was at barston on friday, had a nice mirror out from the very far corner on the river side.