Can anybody recommend a fishing holiday at Easter?

cobleyn

As the title suggests I wondered if anybody could recommend a fishing location for me to take the family next easter. I've racked my brain (and the internet) and can't find somewhere that has:

Good accomodation

Good fishing next to (or near) the accomodation

Something for the family (Wife and 2 kids under 7) to do

Somewhere to have a bite and a beer a night.

rather than list the places that we've done before and stop people commenting - I thought it would be good to put a list up for everone in the same situation.

• 10 months later...

rookley country park isle of white might be worth a look bungalows next to lake number 1-7 are closest to match lake specimen lake very small but only short walk away with decent size fish but not easy water and you will need bait boat as you are unable to cast from most pegs,a boat can be hired if you don't have one,clubhouse with nightly entertainment bar,disco etc swimming pools for kids + play area,it wasn't the best place i've been to but i did enjoy it and would go again,i had bungalow 6 and could fish the match lake from my front room of bungalow.

if you did go there you will need to book specimen lake before you go because only 8 pegs and it usually fully booked,and also i would only go again i would only go again if i had bungalow numbers 1-7 but you can ask for them pacifically.

cost was £415 for bungalow

£78 ferry southampton-east cowes

fishing £24 for 24h

or £7-9 on match lake depending how many rods you use

bungalow was fully fitted with everthing in kitchen including washing machine and dishwasher also jacuzzi bath and shower

like i say mate not the best fishing but could be good for the family side of things and there is some lumps in specimen lake :wink: