Going for the first time at Linear

think you have heard wrong about brasenose lakes, just a question of getting the carp to feed over your baits :!:

st johns admittedly has bigger fish but lots more angling pressure, every one that goes to linear first time wants to be on st johns, hoping for a forty :!:

have a proper look at the other lakes and make an imformed decision my friend, good luck :wink:

if it's your first time use it for learning about the waters none are easy they are very pressured waters st'johns 1 of hardest .

i have fished many times blanked more than caught and no 20's plenty 15lb to 19lb till i started fishing manor farm a few weeks ago with great result's pb in net twice in two sessions :lol:

hunt's corner 10 acre lake with only 10 pegs and is less pressured and fish do come off all the pegs not like other waters that are peggy

St Johns is massively pressured and at this time of year you will basicly be setting up were you can fit in, not necessarily on the fish! All the lakes have good heads of 20's so i wouldn't be too fussed what lake i end up on. The following is copied from another thread from about 2 days ago and this was my response:

Fished it on a social about 2 months ago and had 3 on st johns up to 24lbs 1oz. I was using a big spread of boilies, cell and activ 8, but i feel with all these places there is no set method. Just go with a method you trust, for me its boilies and more boilies, find the fish, no point fishing for fish that are not there and don't restrict yourself to one lake, walk round all of them if necessary, speak to people and find out how the lakes are fishing. Always remember that just because a lake is supposed to be the 'hardest' doesn't mean it is at the time! St johns etc may be fishing badly at the time and it may be that Hardwick, that is supposed to be harder, has fish coming out, suddenly hardwick is easier at that time, just don't go with pre-concieved ideas.

Just to add before you go give them a ring and see what is fishing well, no point paying £50 for two days fishing on a lake that has gone dead!

Cheers

Will

I have only fished linear once around 18 months ago we choose brasenose one and we certainly wern't casting 100 yards more like 30-40.

we choose with the wind in our faces stringers over spoded spots worked well enough brother had his pb of 24 08 followed by another five mid to high doubles.

Just remember if St Johns is brimming don't just set up were you can fit in, find fish on one of the lakes and fish for them. I went a couple of years ago to find St Johns packed, looked round Manor found a good group of fish in a corner were no one was fishing, two single pop ups cast out past the fish, reeled back on the surface dropped the bait bang on as stealthly as i could and i had 3 fish on the bank within an hour up to 19lb. No monsters but it was 3 more fish than anyone else had had. The fish moved out, 3 hours past no bites, gear back in the car over to Oxlease found some more fish for the night, had 1 bite in the night, again a mid double. I guess what i'm trying to say is be willing to move onto fish and move lakes, no point fishing if the fish are not there.

Cheers

Will