2011 Family Fishing Holiday

vinyljunkie

Hi all,

i am after some suggestions,

Next year myself and a friend have agreed to take our other halfs and his kids away on one of our European fishing trips.

We have both fished abroad alot for a number of years but this will be the first time we take our partners and children.

What we are looking for is a pretty venue with good stocks of fish to a decent size, with facilities to keep kids and partners entertained swimming pool is pretty much essential, lake exclusive is a must and somewhere there is some good local activities as well canoeing on the river that sort of thing and we would prefer not to break the 4 1/2 hours drive from calais but would consider it if it was worth it.

Self catering accomodation would be good as well to allow us the flexability to come and go as we please and choose to fish when we like.

does anybody know of anywhere that fits the above or is close

many thanks

Dan :wink:

hello mate have you not tried angling lines holidays as ther can accomadate everyone from the angler to there familys as well and one or two of the lakes that i have seen in the past have swimming pools for the kids and some even have things for the wife to do as well hope this helps you abit happy hunting carpnovice

I am not ignoring you vinyl... just been racking my brains.

Most lake with pools & accomodation are in the central & south of France which is a much longer drive from Calais.

Of course unless someone knows different?

Thank you Mrs Rusheslake, i was kind of hoping you would know of somewhere, if somewhere does come to mind though please do let me know :) maybe we will have to look at driving a little further down south or throw in a slightly longer ferry journey to get what we are after (or is required by the powers that be) :)

Carpnovice, i did have a brief look on anglinglines website mainly because they have a good search facility that helps you narrow down what you want, but to be honest what i did see didn't really inspire me to much. i will keep looking though

Cheers all and dont be afraid to PM me if you know of a little Gem that suits our needs but dont want to share you secret with the world. :wink::wink::lol:

I did discard my place as we dont have a pool or kids play area, but as you say it does fit the bill on alot of the points it maybe worth havng a look at the website. Have been trying to think of a place that fit all the point but as of yet have not come up with the perfect venue for viynl

Guest planchon

Hi Dan, you could try Etang de Planchon,

www.carp-fishinginfrance.com

New lake opening in March 2011 for its first season, due to be stocked with Virgin Carp in December 2010.

Pretty venue, lake can be hired exclusively, 4 acre lake (5 anglers max)

Venue has an overground swimming pool and also there is a public swimming pool 5 mins up the road which is free to use.

Shops, restaurants and bars closeby, have a look at Location(Local attractions) section on the website.

Lac St Pardoux is closeby, 330 hectare lake, with 2 man made beaches, children can swim in the lake, waterskiing, can hire pedalos, no canoeing on the river though.

Plenty of kiddie activities in Limoges (25 mins drive) as well.

Only thing is venue is 6/6.5 hours drive from Calais (depends how many stops you make on route), this is the only thing that doesn't meet your requirements. The venue is 25 mins from Limoges airport, would you consider flying if it makes it easier on the kids?

There is a self catering Gite that can be hired, that can sleep between 2-8 people. The Gite overlooks the lake, has its own private patio, please have a look under facilities - Gite and the Gallery(Gite) section.

Also, don't forget to look under Packages-special offers, there is a 20% discount offer on at the moment as its a new lake and discount off the Gite if you are fishing the lake.

All the best, Kiran