kingfisher at bluebell

Fish singles and sticks until you know whats going on,the kiss of death can be lots of bait to start with. Small trimmed down baits are well worth a go. Stay away from the particle approach as there are FAR more bream and roach than Tony suggests and they are impossible to feed off. Margins at night time are worth a bash aswell, i had a surprise 9lb tench last time

:shock:

Guest keenook

Just go and fish there as you would any other Carp water, watch the water, and move onto fish if you can, or where you percieve them to be moving to? Use Baits and rigs that you are confident with.

Good luck, and post the pic's!

Guest keenook
cheers lads ye will defo post the pics if i get a few on the bank.. any parts of the lake youd recomend or like you said just jump onto the fish. . think am just going to feed boilies in just give them with a few free offerings . have you fished the water befor ? :)

No never fished there, and never will, But I'm a Carp angler.

i have fished it before and it's a lovely lake as for spoding i was also told this was a no no,after sitting for 48hours without a bleeb and wondering what we had done wrong over breakfast and a brew,a lad turned up set up and started spodding at least 30-40 spods and then every 20mins for the next 2 hours after this his rod went and he landed a 42lb carp so not sure advice on spodding i was also given is correct :roll:

i love that....... Fish singles none sense, me and my mate walked around one day recently and spoke to every angler, every one of them were using singles and guess what, not one of them had had a fish.

plenty of big fish in there and like most things that are big, they need a good amount of food. Just has to be the right sort. Think outside the box and give them something different and reap the rewards. :D

i love that....... Fish singles none sense, me and my mate walked around one day recently and spoke to every angler, every one of them were using singles and guess what, not one of them had had a fish.

You really believe that they all told you the truth? And kingy will blank for days before a fish so... I know what you mean coops but singles to start with is a good bet for first time on any water until you get a grip, kingy is not for the faint hearted, im sure you know that.

Good luck anyway mate :wink:

Have you fished any of the other lakes or is it straight on kingy?

Are you only doing one night coz you say the 25th?

I'll asume the above is right and therefore you need to pick your place carefully - if you can get a decent area like half way along any bank then take it. If not a quiet corner might be a winner! Some pegs are pretty prolific but people catch all over - dont ignore the margins either!

You wanna get there early just to watch the water if poss - any show should tell you whether they are at the back of the wind or opposite and so take it from there.

I like to put about 30 - 90 baits (few spods) out in say a 5yd area and fish 2 rods on that - on the edges, then a 3rd rod on a small pva bag only.

If I was staying longer then I would top up the bait every evening if I was confident that they had had some - then again the small bream have become a bloody nightmare - so you might not have any bait in the spot anyway!

At the end of the day fish well, try hard and enjoy it! Speak to people who seem to know what they are doing - but dont push for info, be cool and people will often open up and give up some info.

My mate has caught absolutely loads of fish, usually on just tiny pvas - me I like a small spread of baits - do your own thing, get some quality bait - get that wrong you might as well give up before you've started.

Keep it simple - forget your (insert whatever stupid named rig you wanna), simple bottom bait, simple rig, putty, heavy flat leads - for good hooking, sharp strong hooks, anti tangle rigs. Keep your line down!

Do the basics well and have confidence - look for fish and dont be lazy - 10 mins in the right place and all that!

Tight lines! and good old luck :wink: Enjoy

I'm probably not going till sept/oct. :roll: not that it isnt a good time of year though - just a long wait :wink:

yes good luck good attitude to have with enjoying no matter what 8)

because i spoke to one person with a season ticket for the complex an he had had 4 fish in 8months fishing kingfisher 3nights a week but all over 30 so good hunting hope to see some pics :wink:

Thats actually a good average. Back in the late 90s early 00 when they started testing one of the NASH baits so much was put it the surplus was floating in the margins :shock:

The lads on the baiting team hammered the place, totally. I know Lee Birch had about that many every session :shock:

Thats actually a good average. Back in the late 90s early 00 when they started testing one of the NASH baits so much was put it the surplus was floating in the margins :shock:

The lads on the baiting team hammered the place, totally. I know Lee Birch had about that many every session :shock:

Think you've misread - what the guy put. (4 fish in approx 96 nights thats 3 nights per week 4 weeks a month, for 8 months) - still think its a good average? Thought not! - like I said its poor.

Average would be about 1 fish every 24 nights at that rate - now the fishing aint that difficult. A member had 3 out in his first night opposite me last autumn 2 x 30's and a 40 (only one appeared in the catch list - crafty!) - surely you should be looking at 15 odd fish a year as being OK.