Rig length..

zimboro

Hi

Question about rig lengths...

Ive caught most of my fish on rigs between 8-10 inches long and use this length 99% of the time. Probably the same length as many others are using.

I read about using longer rigs or shorter rigs. Different lengths depending on what you are fishing over - boilies, particle, single hook baits etc and also bottom make up, gravel, chod, weed, silt.

I wonder if I'm missing chances and could get a few more on the bank by varying what I do and just wanted some advice on when people go short 2-4 inches and when people go long. What bottom types and baiting situations dictate what?

Cheers

Zim

ditto. short links when pva bag fishing...long when fishing boilies spread out. I sometimes like a longer hooklink when I'm fishing for bigger carp too, I think they can get it in their mouths easier due to their bulk (when they are having to 'up-end' to get food in their mouths) and the sucking power that they can generate with their bigger mouths and gills.