help with venue

colors

hey everyone, looking to go to france next august and was hoping for some help with a venue.

we are a mixed bag of 4-6 anglers some really good others would struggle on a hard water. so what im really after is somewhere that we will get plenty of runs. im not after 40 and 50lb fish just a nice stamp of 20lbers with the chance of a 30 would be great.

we would want somewhere that does food where we can take a break off the lake to eat etc. price wise well 400 max for fishing and food per angler.

if the place hires tackle that would be an added bonus, just saves us hiring a van etc.

most important is the fishery though, we really want somewhere well run that can offer plenty of action.

any ideas?

Many thanks for the recommendations.

Unfortunately we are fully booked in August.

I would recommend Genesis Lake who I think would suit you.

Click on the banner or contact genesislake by pm.

Not sure if your on about the same one but he was saying next august, im guessing next year, your fully booked then? :)

I have space for 1 angler in 2010... so yes we are fully booked LOL

I also have 2 weeks of August 2011 booked with 2 weeks pending on regular customers.

Also coudnt supply that much kit.

Sorry!!!

I was on about 2011 anyway not 2010 :lol: I wasnt questioning you just thought you may have missed the word next in next year :wink:

thanks for all your help i really apprieciate it. just out of interest, is there a problem at edens? doesnt seem to say anything on their site unless im on the wrong one?

one of our group has said to look at malvoisine lake, not sure if anyone knows much about this place, i cant seem to find much on it myself to be honest. blavet valley is another i seem to have stumbled across, any views?

cheers again really apprieciate your help

Looking through our sponsors sites is a good start the banners are all on the forum. So click away.

Blavet would be a good one... think you just need to clarify if they can do the gear hire. Berny is on the forum and usually visits every day so send a pm to berny

Remember even if a website doesnt mention hiring gear its always worth asking!

As for Edens they made an announcement that they were unable to open in 2010 but hoped to be open for 2011.

One of those minibus services might be good for you.... carp runs. Not sure it will be within your budget though.

A list of carp.com sponsors...

the banners show randomly through the site or just google

Carp Quarry

Scarper-Carper

Forest Lakes

Martins Lake

Bills Lake

Carp and Cats

Les Burons

Rushes Lake

Horton Fishing

Vallee

Sweet Chestnut

Wakeup Fishing

Carp Runs

Beauregard

Genesis

La Cohue Fisheries, The Old Mill

Cas en Lac

Clearwater

Woodpecker

Petit Pretre Lakes

Les Croix

Blavet Valley

• 4 weeks later...
Guest planchon

Hi,

Etang de Planchon is a new lake opening in March 2011, due to be stocked with 152 Virgin Carp,

initial Fish stock introduced into the water in Dec 2010 will be:

No lb's

50 x 22 - 26.37

70 x 26.4 - 30.78

15 x 30.8 - 35.18

5 x 35.2 - 37.38

4 x 37.4 - 39.58

4 x 39.6 - 41.78

2 x 41.8 - 43.97

2 x 50+

Being Virgin Carp, most will see the bait you use as freebies intially. The first few years from the opening will be very active and interesting for the anglers.

We do have an "All inclusive package" where all meals and Tackle is supplied (except end tackle). The Venue is 30mins away from Limoges airport. There is currently an "early bird" offer on the website, where if you book by July 2010, you get 20% discount.

All Inclusive package is £460, with the 20% discount it will be £368.

For more details, please have a look at the website for Etang de Planchon

http://www.carp-fishinginfrance.com

Hope this helps,

Kiran