minibus hire

siturner81

not sure if this is the right place to put this post but i am off to france for a week witht he family fishing and we are looking to hire a minibus for the week but dont want to pay over the odds can anyone point me in the right direction

there are 6 adults and 1 toddler traveling from essex to le mans

and suggestion welcomed

I know when I looked at hiring a minibus a few years ago to go to France the price was stupid when I said taking it to France ( we ended up havng a tow bar fitted to one of the guys 7 seater cars and taking a friends trailer it was much cheaper). It may be worth driving to the ferry port leaving cars there and going on as foot passengers and hiring in the french port I know it is hassle but will be much cheaper ( google search will find car/ minibus hire at french ports ). A couple of things to think about. Have a good trip. Gordon

I have a renult master long/ high top, which i have kitted out for fishing. It will take 4/5 passengers comfortably. I am thinking of taking people who cant or dont want to do the driving themselves. I have driven in france many times, so i am expierienced. Any feedback on this would be appreciated!

does that include private motors?
I aint sure mate but as Kim say's above if you are using it for hire or reward i would be careful about it. All i know is that we were planning on hiring a minibus and that aint happening now due to the fact neither of the drivers me and Mach3 have a tacho licence and i sure as hell aren't going through the rigmarole of applying to Vosa and attending training courses to get one.

Sorry but not being pedantic BUT...

its not a group of mates sharing the costs is it? Its you running a business driving people in your vehicle to France, much the same as (only on a much smaller scale) to any taxi, coach company etc.

There was a case last year? or maybe the year before where an angler got killed after being picked up from the airport for an Ebro trip and it sent rumblings through the 'trade' over here regarding this whole question.

I do wish you luck with your venture but feel that it is far more complicated than on the face of it.