Best hook for 30mm boilies(homemade obviously lol)

robaldinho

What Hook are you Comfortable using?

I the Carp-R-Us Nailers for nearly all my Fishing. If I can get hold of Owner FLB's I use them.

There is no Right or wrong hook, everyone will have their own Preference as to what they think are best.

Every Hook Pattern has been tested on my Bench Test Set-up as to how it works best and what hookholds I get. I test Line Aligners, Knotless Knots and see how things work.

I also inspect EVERY Hook as to make sure the Eye is properly closed or if I'm using Spade End Owners that the Spade is not too Sharp and likely to cut through the Line.

not quite sure why you would use a 30mm boilie but a size 2 hook would suit although you may want to have a longer hair and smaller hook.

the most important thing however is that whatever hook size, is that it is sharp.

other than location the second most important thing is hook sharpness...

30mm you must have huge bream where your fishing :lol::lol:

id say the hook shape doesnt matter really ,get down a tackle down and have a look.then add shrink tube if needed

but do think mvodkas on the right road . a long hair about 2-3 inches with about size 10 or 8

so the hook can lay flat ,and if it doesnt the hook shouldnt stand out