waveney valley lakes

Well guys back from waveney, I must say its a smashing place,the tackle shop has just about everything you may need with a vast selection of bait and terminal tackle some fanatastic bits to spend your money on.The accomodation M5 has everything you need a great base to work from although due to the very very wet weathear we had it was a little damp, so the gas fire was on most of the time.My swim was 10 yards from the caravan so you could spend time in the van as it is not to far to run when you get a bite.I must say the weather was crap to say the least always wet and sometimes very windy and even fishing through a thunderstorm.From my swim I had the option to fish a bush 10 yards to the left which I did but nothing, or a gravel bar slightly to the right again about 10 yards out but again got nothing from that.The other two options was the bush on the corner of the island in front of you which you could walk round and bait up or the bush to the right about a twenty yard flick again you can walk around and bait up.These were the two areas I concentrated on and used the third rod to cast at moving fish.Best bait was red fish boilie on its own or tipped with corn and for cats double 21mm halibut pellets, The key seemed to be tight areas of bait around your hookbait and not spread over a large area for the cats use a mix of trout pellet of various sizes and for the carp use crushed boilie and corn.It took probably 3 days for fish to move down my end of the lake they seem to hold up at the other end and came to me when the wind changed there were 5 people fishing at my end during the week all blanked! However not all bad news once the fish started showing I was confident I would catch, So this is a breif summary of my weeks fishing,Friday arrived set up and baited up swims, early night no fishing. Saturday very wet n windy fished all day but did not fish after midnight.Sunday not a nice day nothing.Monday bright sun and warm fished right through the day/night still nothing.Tuesday fished all day then fish started to show first run of the week 2300hrs resulted in a 21lb 4oz common a new personal best.Wednesday another bright sunny day nothing during the day but fish moving around about 1800hrs, looking good then the heavens opened thunder lightning the lot thi seemed to be the start of a mad few hours, 2 runs on the cat setup first one dropped the bait the second was on and managed to pick up my other line and got free.Whilst all this was going on I then had a run on the carp rod under the right hand tree, this resulted in a 12lb 5oz common.Thursday and my last day still no cats!!!! nothing during the day again but fish are moving, then at 22'40hrs a screeming run then all hell let loose this thing was trying to find every snag on the lake, what a fight, after about 7-8mins I banked my first ever cat another PB of 26lbs 9ozs. My goal had been reached .

So just to recap, Fantastic place fantastic fish, would I go again?? Tomorrow If I could find someone to go with me.

By the way the guy and his I think it was his grandson on yew tree 9 had a fantastic time and caught some great fish, this would be the lake for me next time.So guys If you need anymore info re this place please just ask. :lol:

Well done mate im really glag u did so well and the cats are a huge bonus, I'm off there early June when its apparently going to be decent weather,just out of intrest do you think you would have had a few more had the weather been decent or do u think It was because they were holding up the other end?

Well done mate im really glag u did so well and the cats are a huge bonus, I'm off there early June when its apparently going to be decent weather,just out of intrest do you think you would have had a few more had the weather been decent or do u think It was because they were holding up the other end?

Pm sent for you.

• 1 year later...