tying on pop ups

williamjames

You've got 2 different answers as to what Dan and Jules find easiest, and here is a 3rd, so you are going to have to work out what suits you.

I tie a Uni knot loop at the end my hooklink and tie the hook on knotless knot or a piece of (4lb) mono if I tie a separate hair. Fit pop-up into loop and gently pull it down tight.

I don't often use individual pop-ups as hookbaits, but I do usually use a snowman set-up, and tie the hair long enough for the bottom bait to go on as well and still loop the pop-up.

hello to all,im looking for a bit advice,ive just started tying on pop ups using bait floss i just wondered which knott or way of tying was easiest?

there are actually 3 ways

Hi you can actually lassoo it with floss, use an elastic band on the rig ring and hiar rig or use a solar spiker. Of the 3 the solar spiker is fool proof

hope the mods dont mind ( 2nd post and 2nd link) but here is an article on the 3 ways with the pro's and cons of each

http://www.masterblanker.com/2010/02/28/attaching-your-hook-bait-to-a-chod-rig/

My vote goes for the spiker each time, quick and effective