Korda safe zone leader

no12

I know my thoughts on them and it involves the BIN.

Pulled one out of SWP a couple of weeks ago. It had totally jammed up with weed and there was no way that the Lead could have come free. It was attached to a rig and about 50metres of line. If a Carp had taken it, it would have been stuck to a Long Painful Death.

Mine too but here they are again :lol: :

These may cause a safe zone for the fish to feed in but should they get hooked then they're far from it.As has been mentionned the heli bead won't discharge over the loop at the mainline end of the chod leader andon all leaders the variations between the size of this fused loop is astronimical with no 2 the same.Poor manufacturing and lack of fieldtesting.My advice is steer clear.

i fail to see how because its korda its unsafe :?

any company in the wrong hands could be deadly , the heli/chod because of the beads is dodgy but the leader its self is fine

i dont use a run ring i just use the swivel on lead (running lead),and its never gets trap on ,if anything after a run it sits above the leader on the knot

the tungsten isnt as bad as some iv seen which is the lead inner wrap and glued on ,which has an end ,which i know is soft lead but could damage a fish if not flush and sticking out .........or even snagg the lead on

iv looked at the beads and i think its because they are too hard that they have proplems ,and when it gets colder they will be worse ...........but the user is in the end responsilbe for the safety of the fish and SHOULD NOT be using a rig they not 100% sure of , simply as

i fail to see how because its korda its unsafe :?

any company in the wrong hands could be deadly , the heli/chod because of the beads is dodgy but the leader its self is fine

i dont use a run ring i just use the swivel on lead (running lead),and its never gets trap on ,if anything after a run it sits above the leader on the knot

the tungsten isnt as bad as some iv seen which is the lead inner wrap and glued on ,which has an end ,which i know is soft lead but could damage a fish if not flush and sticking out .........or even snagg the lead on

iv looked at the beads and i think its because they are too hard that they have proplems ,and when it gets colder they will be worse ...........but the user is in the end responsilbe for the safety of the fish and SHOULD NOT be using a rig they not 100% sure of , simply as

I don't disagree with your sentiments, but what I disagree with is the Fact that its Marketed by Korda as a SAFE Rig, yet on this occasion it DEFINITELY wasn't. Maybe being jammed up with weed played a part, but that should be NO EXCUSE!

Or is it another case of we need to educate someone that their rigs need to be checked and found to be Safe before they are cast out?

Sorry, anyone new to Carp Fishing should know that the Rigs they buy, their Lead arrangements that are marketed Ready Made are Safe. They aren't necessarily to know any different.

Or do we say that No Ready Made Rigs should be sold FULL STOP as the Angler needs to know that they can make up a Safe Rig. It just won't happen.

The rigs/Lead Attachment must be safe before they are released and Sold.

im yet to read in black n white what the "safe zone " means

but i took as scale friendly not "not a death rig" if you know what i mean

the leader is smooth like a bead of silicon not like leadcore which dont take much rubbing to do damage

if it turns out im wrong then il boycott korda as they should know better

but i feel this is more just the bandwagon rolling by

No Mate,

I actually checked the Rig and it is sold by Korda as it was in the Water!

The Leader itself wasn't going to do any damage rubbing against the Carp, not likely as the Carp wouldn't have been able to move with 50metres or so of Line tangled up in the weed, still attached to the Leader and the Lead!

i agree the beads are not safe ,on that leader .

but the original post only asks about the leader . and untill i said about the beads no one had and thats the unsafe part ........just implying korda are unsafe

i was under the impression that korda had the heli/chod rigs recalled :?:?:

the dumb part is marketing ready to go rigs at the norvice which are complicated rigs

i agree the beads are not safe ,on that leader .

but the original post only asks about the leader . and untill i said about the beads no one had and thats the unsafe part ........just implying korda are unsafe

i was under the impression that korda had the heli/chod rigs recalled :?:?:

the dumb part is marketing ready to go rigs at the norvice which are complicated rigs

Maybe Korda have recalled all the rigs, but Why? Are they unsafe as they stand? Obviously YES!

What about the rigs that have already gotten onto the market and been used? Are they being recalled as well, or are many more already sat at the Bottom of a Lake waiting to kill (another) Carp?

I agree with you about the Marketing, its what I was trying to point out in so many words.

Now you and I know about Safe Rigs, you and I both prefer Running Leads and Safe Rigs.

I won't use Korda Lead Clips, I have seen the Lead jammed into place by Weed, even when the Rubber is only loosely Pushed onto it. Even when the Clip is trimmed so the Rubber doesn't grip tightly and the Peg can pull free it can be jammed by Weed. If the Weed slides DOWN the Line, it will and CAN jam up even those "safe" Lead Clips. The only safe Clips are those that the Peg holding the Lead will release under ANY Circumstances. (Carp-R-Us are the ones I have played with).

Now to me thats a good reason to avoid Korda Clips. I don't use Korda Leads as to me they offer too much reflection and can be seen too easily in the water. Thats my reason for avoiding Korda Leads on my Fishing Rods, although I do use one on my Marker set up at the Moment, as the Coating prevents the Leads being Fragged on some SERIOUS Flints that are in SWP.

i hate all lead clips

it just does work for me , i lose the lead evey cast as i naturally feather the cast down.

then the theory behind it (bolted to the deck ) to me a sharp(er) hook would be the answer before i bolt rig and id need to lose a lot of fish in one sess before changing lead set up

but i question my self ,sometimes too much .but it helps to keep it safe and simply