River Stour?

there are 4 platforms there mate and i think they are free to fish from, other side of the road and over the sty oposite the platforms is owned by lawford angling club. i gonna get some fishing from there soon myself, plenty of pike to be had and have been told some good carp as well.

Gaz knows the area better than I do, so when he talks about the platforms I would assume that he is correct.

I do know that part of the stretch is on the Cattawade (Lawford Angling Ticket), as I used to work in a Tackle shop and we sold the tickets. Unfortunately I can't remember the cost of them.

hi mate, bridge garage used to sell day tickets and i would asume they still do but i dont know for sure. if you work in manningtree angling is your name brian? i cant find out for certain but have always thought the platforms were council owned and free to fish from, i have fished there a lot i the past and never been asked for a ticket but thats the best i can do at the mo mate.

i think it was £5 a day, as for tactics i aint sure as i was into float fishing and pike fishing then. have had small carp to about 9lb there but have been told they go mid 20s plus but thats what i have been told so dont know for sure.

Guest Anonymous

Correct Gaz, it was £5 but Bridge Garage has changed hands so don't know if they still sell them. Never fished it myself... silly really as I could almost cast there from where I live :oops:

Manky, Gaz & I will pop in & see you one Saturday to put faces to names :wink: Hopefully before the shop moves into town cause we'll have nowhere to park :evil:

I assume you'll be joining Paxmans once Brian sells the tickets... you must get a freebie or two?

Correct Gaz, it was £5 but Bridge Garage has changed hands so don't know if they still sell them. Never fished it myself... silly really as I could almost cast there from where I live :oops:

Manky, Gaz & I will pop in & see you one Saturday to put faces to names :wink: Hopefully before the shop moves into town cause we'll have nowhere to park :evil:

I assume you'll be joining Paxmans once Brian sells the tickets... you must get a freebie or two?

found out at the commitee meeting that brian wont be selling tickets, think he has got confused because he will be handing out the forms but not doing tickets. :wink:

Guest Anonymous

found out at the commitee meeting that brian wont be selling tickets, think he has got confused because he will be handing out the forms but not doing tickets. :wink:

I did think it was a bit strange that no other tackle shops sell them, only the club secretary. Manky could try his luck for a concessionary ticket :wink:

Guest Anonymous
k guys i'll see you saturday. thats the only problem with the new shop is parking, but its much bigger so much more stuff and more visable to people going through manningtree.

One Saturday not on Saturday :lol:

He's working & I'm busy tomorrow but will take a look down the cattawade for you on Sunday when I'm passing. How will I know you... will you be wearing a red rose on your thermal dungarees :shock::lol: