Rules and other Info

citycountry

G'day All,

So we have been granted a reprieve by the owner to try and keep the Aussie Section alive. As I've been made aware there were a lot of problems with the previous section in terms of inappropriate postings for a catch and release forum. Obviously Australia is a unique case in terms of carps' place in the natural ecology. That being the case it is important to make the rules for posting in this section clear.

Do not post photo's of dead carp.

No posts regarding the enjoyment of killing carp.

No personal attacks regarding position of carp in the environment.

This is an opportunity to share experiences and knowledge about carp fishing in the Great Southern Land. Keep it civil, acknowledge differences in opinion, but above all share the love of this great sport!

Cheers,

Ben.

G'day All,

So we have been granted a reprieve by the owner to try and keep the Aussie Section alive. As I've been made aware there were a lot of problems with the previous section in terms of inappropriate postings for a catch and release forum. Obviously Australia is a unique case in terms of carps' place in the natural ecology. That being the case it is important to make the rules for posting in this section clear.

This is an opportunity to share experiences and knowledge about carp fishing in the Great Southern Land. Keep it civil, acknowledge differences in opinion, but above all share the love of this great sport!

Cheers,

Ben.

G'Day Ben,

Firstly, congratulations on becoming a mod for Carp.Carp - you are a top man to have doing this, what with being a UK based Aussie carper.

I for one was gutted to see the removal of our 'Australian' section. Due to my participation with the forum over the years it has enabled me to make contact with other like-minded ex-pat carpers. This has led to many fishing trips and lifelong friendships with other 'Downunder' fisho's, that otherwise I would not have had. This is something I'm very grateful to this forum for, and this sense of mutual reciprocity is something I wish to see continue in the future :D

Thank you Carp.Com for this reprieve.

Wishing you all the very best from Perth

Katfish AKA Niblet 8)

G'day All,

Cheers,

Ben.

Good on ya Benny Boy,

Well done mate for bringing it back to life, it,s good to see that the passion has,nt died.

The wealth of information that is learn,t from these sites is priceless to the avid carper down under but it,s the old story that the few spoil it for the rest of us.

Anyway good luck mate.

Let your runs be screamers and your fish be whackers.

ATB

Paul A.K.A Nails