Whats Weston Lawns fishing like.??

I think they are just a bit more wiser mate, I have seen them crashing about so I know theres a couple over 20 in there, from what I can gather he hasn't netted which is a bit of a shame, to be honest I get the feeling he's a bit skint at the minute as I think he has a place in London somewhere and that caught fire not long ago so guess his money has had to go elsewhere, understandable really

hi from reading your comments i feel i may have been a bit harsh maybe we just were there on a bad day, from what you have said it seems the tackle thefts were maybe a one off not sure, im hoping to go back and have another bash at the weekend girlfriend permitting do you know what its been fishing like over the last month with this cold spell?

and no dog mess at all

There was loads of the stuff mate. I just threw it all into your swim before you arrived :P

Other than being told porkies about the stock size, i had a great time there. Though in honesty, it was more to do with the company than the venue.

But i'd go back there :wink:

• 1 month later...
well if i was going to go anywhere it would be bramcote mains due ot the fact it is the shallowest water i know of around here 5 foot all over would be my best bet mate

na mate dont bother , its closed until after easter , we know we turned up there and hed put a sign up , he also said that it was closed since christmas, thought it was strange when we went there on new years eve in -3 , and he didnt come to collect his bluey.. free fish :)

edit : i just read the date of your post , ignore me :)

back to weston lawns , ive fished once before the middle pool and blanked , in fact 2 of us blanked .

we are heading off there in the morning to fish pool 1 , as the fisheries website says they have added cats there , but it also says pool 2 holds them to 25lb , and carp to 25lb which i doubt .

why would you have a specimen lake and have some of your biggest fish in another pool ??????????? that dont make sense .

hope we dont blank tomorrow

yeah I made that mistake with bramcote, got to hopsford hall a bit late and couldn't get a swim so had the bright idea that we would go to Bramcote Mains BIG mistake!! got there completely missed the sign saying no fishing although in my defence putting it on the post by the road as you turn in to the farm isn't the best place to put it! been in the water about half an hour thinking its a bit quiet today lol! the woman came running down shouting and screaming at me and my mate when we could finally understand what she was saying we were told to leave guess it was just one of them days hey!

you blanked on the middle pool? thats got to be a first as thats the runs water! the top pool has been really cruel over the winter! probably 2 - 3 fish all winter, gonna give the place a break till it warms up a bit more before I go back again.

let us know how you get on with the today :)

lol, on our visit when we were refused fishing at brammy, we ended up going to friezland , pfff a horrible place . far to cramped and far too many small carp which are very greedy and take big baits ,lol., really hard to get through them

weston pool 1 today was ok, only 1 carp , a lovely dark common of 5lb , and ive never caught so many bream , must of had 100lb of fish between me and my brother, although we were after the carp and only saw 1 , it was still a good days coarse fishing :)