weston lawns fisheries in bedworth help!!!

Hya lads, just woundering if any one had fished at weston lawns before in bedworth, :) if so i was woundering if you could share some greet tips to catch my first 20lb carp or somat over 15lb which is my personal best upto now. :D

so if you have any bait or tackle advice plzz feel free to share,

and if u no how to catch catfish there than plz give me some tips for that 2 .thanks.manchy09.

hi mate take it you live near,,, if your after you first 20 i would pick a water which offers up more a chance. not slagging the place good little overnighter but bit low on 20s. theres is a water 5mins up the road hollyhurst by tusses with a good few 20s iv had 3 in may last 2 session :wink:

ow kk m8 will do thank ill try that fishery do you have any rig or bait tip for there m8.

just done the day there 2day ,, had a few to 12lb ..it was very cold to day... :shock: things slowed up a bit but fish still showing..

pegs 22 -27 seem to bag the bigger fish,, fish as tight to the island margin as you can and i mean tight """"inches good fishmeals or big pellet 22mm.

keep a little bait fired over every 1/2hr also try the near margin :wink:

keep rig simple as you like,, but would use flying bkleads.

• 3 months later...

hi is this hollyhurst you mean? http://www.fisheries.co.uk/hollyhurst/index.htm

can you night fish there?how much is it? i have done a few overnighters at weston lawns and agree there arent many 20's in it. if you are going to go there fish the margins on pool 2 and on pool 1 fish tight to the island in the gap if you can get one of those pegs! bait luncheon meat or pineapple boilies. dont overfeed tho feed a pva bag of pellets and then chuck out 6 or 7 of your hookbait around your hook and you shud be ok.

hi is this hollyhurst you mean? http://www.fisheries.co.uk/hollyhurst/index.htm

can you night fish there?how much is it? i have done a few overnighters at weston lawns and agree there arent many 20's in it. if you are going to go there fish the margins on pool 2 and on pool 1 fish tight to the island in the gap if you can get one of those pegs! bait luncheon meat or pineapple boilies. dont overfeed tho feed a pva bag of pellets and then chuck out 6 or 7 of your hookbait around your hook and you shud be ok.

I'd have a dabble at Weston Lawns but I just will not fish anywhere that's got high voltage power lines suspended ovehead.

I know it's a bit of a soapbox of mine but the potential for sudden death is something I can well do without.

Ian

wouldn't bother with the place to be honest, is ok as a backup water if your first choices are full but over the last few years it seems they have had fish stolen yet the owner nick will tell you theres 40's in there! and he would rather build a cabin rather than sort his stock out!

wouldn't bother with the place to be honest, is ok as a backup water if your first choices are full but over the last few years it seems they have had fish stolen yet the owner nick will tell you theres 40's in there! and he would rather build a cabin rather than sort his stock out!

Yeah, know what you're saying. I doubt whether I'd use it as backup tbh, as theres loads of waters about that are a lot better. Its about time the emphasis was put back on the fishing.

i agree also there is no way a 40 or even 30 in them lakes! biggest i know of to come out is 21! the baliff told me he had a 30 out but i doubt it!! as you all say there are loads of other lakes around that area to go to, what places are there? im after a lake with more 20's in and a place over that way as its near where i work so ideal to go from work on a friday and do a weekend session!

• 2 months later...