linear lakes tip hints and baits

Well after planning to fish sandhurst lake in yateley, but while i poped in the shop to book a swim,, someone has booked the lake -.-

So next stop iam off to linear lakes,

As im new to these lakes,

is there any tip or hint, on were to fish (lakes?) and which is the better bait to use.

i will be going for 24 or 48 hours but unsure which one yet.

Many thanks

Daryl

Cjfishing

* Oxlease, and moreso Hardwick and Smiths are the quietest of the waters these days. Although Hunts Corner has reopened and has only 10 swims, all of which command their own water.

* 7ft is the magic number for zigs regardless of depth (who knows why, but it does seem to be a good starting point for some reason).

* Don;t do as everyone else does. Be very mobile, and leave the spod and marker in the car until you are absolutely certain you need them. Small bags, and single hookbaits cast to shows it your first port of call. Find them, and they are very very catchable.

* Be a bit different with your rigs. Use running rigs with very light leads and without tubing or leadcore. Try fluorocarbon leaders especially if fishing in the margins. Try longer than average bait seperation (3" + anyone?). Just do the opposite of everyone else basically.

* Have a little self respect and stay away from the circus that is Brasenose 1.

* If you can fish it midweek do so.

* On Hardwick and Smiths try finding smooth clay spots, and try to avoid areas over 10ft in depth. Clay humps in 6-10ft of water are definatly the areas to try and find.

* Take brazil nuts as hookers and for pva bags especially if fishing St Johns. Use a craft knife and skin them so they're white.

* If feeding boilies try spreading them over a wide area with a stick. Most people spod on linear and the tight baiting patterns and particle approach is getting damn obvious.

* On Hunts Corner don't be afraid to punch solid bags into weedbeds (providing you are 100% confident you could land anything that might pick it up)

* Everyone re-casts, and re-baits a couple of hours before darkness falls. Get your rigs in , and baiting done either much earlier in the day, or even after dark. Again it's about breaking the trend.

* Similar to above, don't be afraid to leave your rigs in situ much later in the day than everyone else. Everyone reels in midmorning.

* Rehydrated baits and well worth taking if you have the time / inclination.

Just a few random things ive picked up over the years. Hope some of that is of use to you mate.

If you end up fishing St johns which is the busiest one of the lot I'd say. Be sure to bring lots of spod mix because they really react well to it. Very pressured water and it's hard to get any swims let alone the one you want. I just got lucky someone was leaving the point swim just as i arrived :D

Can't really say much about the tactics on that lake because i've only fished it once but gravel bars and silt drop off points work well. Was a fair bit of weed out there when i fished it so had to spend a while with the marker.

I also have fished Oxlease lake which is again highly pressured. Small pva bags in the middle seem to work. But i think that's because most of the swims on that lake only have open water in front of them :P

* Oxlease, and moreso Hardwick and Smiths are the quietest of the waters these days. Although Hunts Corner has reopened and has only 10 swims, all of which command their own water.

* 7ft is the magic number for zigs regardless of depth (who knows why, but it does seem to be a good starting point for some reason).

* Don;t do as everyone else does. Be very mobile, and leave the spod and marker in the car until you are absolutely certain you need them. Small bags, and single hookbaits cast to shows it your first port of call. Find them, and they are very very catchable.

* Be a bit different with your rigs. Use running rigs with very light leads and without tubing or leadcore. Try fluorocarbon leaders especially if fishing in the margins. Try longer than average bait seperation (3" + anyone?). Just do the opposite of everyone else basically.

* Have a little self respect and stay away from the circus that is Brasenose 1.

* If you can fish it midweek do so.

* On Hardwick and Smiths try finding smooth clay spots, and try to avoid areas over 10ft in depth. Clay humps in 6-10ft of water are definatly the areas to try and find.

* Take brazil nuts as hookers and for pva bags especially if fishing St Johns. Use a craft knife and skin them so they're white.

* If feeding boilies try spreading them over a wide area with a stick. Most people spod on linear and the tight baiting patterns and particle approach is getting damn obvious.

* On Hunts Corner don't be afraid to punch solid bags into weedbeds (providing you are 100% confident you could land anything that might pick it up)

* Everyone re-casts, and re-baits a couple of hours before darkness falls. Get your rigs in , and baiting done either much earlier in the day, or even after dark. Again it's about breaking the trend.

* Similar to above, don't be afraid to leave your rigs in situ much later in the day than everyone else. Everyone reels in midmorning.

* Rehydrated baits and well worth taking if you have the time / inclination.

Just a few random things ive picked up over the years. Hope some of that is of use to you mate.

some good tips there

a few would work on any water