best carp lakes.

Im looking to go on a 3 day fishing session.

i live in essex but i am keen to drive any distance for a couple of 20's

i know monuments, horseshoe, places like that are good, but i wanted to get some of your opinions.

where can i go for 3 days to catch a few 20's ?

Thanks.

myles.

Im looking to go on a 3 day fishing session.

i live in essex but i am keen to drive any distance for a couple of 20's

i know monuments, horseshoe, places like that are good, but i wanted to get some of your opinions.

where can i go for 3 days to catch a few 20's ?

Thanks.

myles.

hi mate make it four days and go to france for long weekend thats prob your best bet if you want a few 20s

You have absolutely loads of choices, and many of them already mentioned on the forum. :wink:

Just on the Day Ticket or Holiday Style venue, Linear, Taverham, Waveney Valley/Yew Tree/Marsh Farm, Anglers Paradise, Suffolk Water Park.

Don't get into the mindset of everything being instant :wink: , with your location I can pretty much guarantee that you have fisheries in the area that will produce those fish and bigger IF you make the effort!

So to the above list you can add a number of Club Waters in Essex, CAPS, KDAA, and a number of others between Suffolk and the edge of London, again, a search for Essex Waters will give you an extensive list to go for, add into that Hertfordshire and you WILL be sorted.

Just depends on whether you are treating it as a holiday session or is your long term local target :wink:

Thanks for the reply salokcinnodrog

Yeah im already a member of caps, im a member of halstead and hedingham aswell.

its more of a "because we can" holiday.

my friends just got his car, we are both dead keen carp anglers and want to chill somewhere not in essex, and know we have a high chance of catching a few 20's

Thanks for the list of venues you have said, i will take note and find out some info on them.

Myles.

hi again mate what about kent you have got elphicks lakes 7 waters to choose from fished it last week we had 17 runs in 8 hours biggest fish was 19 and smallest was 14 but that was on one of there runs water there are 2 lakes there with 40+ in them or little bit further awat is wylands battle hastings fished this one for years owner is blindind house lake and new spec are the best at this one

st johns is a great lake but be under no illisuon that its an easy water first you have to get a swim.

ive learnt that dont just drop on an empty swim have a walk around first speak to every one. as far as swims go the point would be my first choice but getting on it is a diffrent matter. the soical bank is always good even if you dont catch you can have a good crack . the road bank is also very good lots of underwater features.

check linear website regular and see what has come out. it has to be one of the most pressured lakes in the country fished it 6 times this year blanked every time.

try mid week to get the best out of the lake. im doing manor farm at the weekend, thats always worth a go if you cant get on st johns.

thanks for that mushroomik.

ive heard the point is a productive swim, but very hard to get a go on.

i read that someone has fished there 2 years and hasnt yet been able to get a peg on the point.

i have also read that st johns lake is getting hammerd with the amount of people going there to fish it.

ive also been very interested in giving Orchid lake a try.

any thoughts on this ?

thanks.

Myles.

i wont fish it would not give the man my money if you no what i mean.

stick with linear if you are looking for a lake round oxford all of the lakes hold good fish but they all do get hammered. try get on hunts corner thats just reopend so theirs a good chance the fish are not all that cautious at the moment so i guess it should fish well. it is a little more expensive @ £30 for 24hrs 3 rods.