cobbleacre?

i have been fishing cobbleacre now for about 3 months on and off and have caught around 38 carp from the spec lake marios 29 of witch have been over 20lbs and these so called small cats i havent caught a single one of them. i will say one thing about bob he is a good bloke and will do anything for anyone providing you dont s**t on him. since i have been fishing the lake i wound say i have seen around 35-40 different 20lb carp on the bank, 4 x 30lb carp on the bank and loads of 30+cats and thats just the ones i have seen on the bank while i have been there

I can not think of a week that I've missed this year and for a very small lake I can not see how you've got in caught all these fish and got out without anyone seeing you.

4x30s Joke

Loads of 30 cats that's not even funny.

seen around 35 to 40 different 20's. How much is Bob paying you to say that.

It is correct that there was a lot of singles put in the lake about 18 years ago. I know i helped put them in.

It's also true that most are buried behind the kidney pond. I know, I helped bury them.

The lake is a fake just as Tav mills was when bob had it.

When a fishery manager get a persent of the takings then whats he going to say when someone call and asks how its fishing?

I can assure you that if singletoner said he caught them fish then he did as he was at cobbleacre the week i had my holiday there and his pictures are up in the office he also helped me with tips on where when and how to fish the lake(cheers rob apprechiated it)as for bob i found him to be open and honest about how the lake was fishing.it was hard but i would go back no probs.

Cheers

Ret

• 2 years later...

hi all, my first post on the forum. found this thread on cobbleacre and after reading through it found myself mentioned "young lad who had a 30 from cobbleacre" as for the coment on incorrect weighing of fish, it was weighed with both rubens and digitals with the weight of the sling zero'ed. just like to say everything that singletoner said is true and whether or not you choose to belive so is down to you.

anyway as for cobbleacre i think it is a lovely venue with some cracking fish in, anyone currently fishing it? or been down recently?

• 2 months later...
:shock: any news on mario's......im fishing there the 1st week in setember for 2 nights........maybe with some borrowed gear....any tips would be good too?

Im going on 25th and 26th august. will let you know how i get on etc

• 3 weeks later...

If you can, get in the snags or the beach swim most of the fish are coming from there. It was quite busy when i was there and i fished the valley swim, not to much action but i did catch 5 catfish (not that big tho)

5 carp were landed while i was there biggest 26lbs from the lawn swim. Also a very big catfish was lost from the lawns as well.

In the days before i fished 3x30lb+ came out and quite a few 20s.

The fish are in there and will grace your net if you get it right, most of the time they shy away from big beds of bait . Best to keep it simple and pva bags . Hope this helps you Gavskin... tight lines..Remember these fish have seen everything!!!

All round a very nice place with toilets and showers (clean and tidy) and at £20 for 24hrs i will be back!!!

:wink: many thanks honka! thats most helpfull,cant wait to get on the bank and try my arm......even if i dont catch it will be a good lesson and it will be even better to escape the rat race for two days and nights :D

No probs mate .... Glad i could help in a small way :)

• 2 years later...

Anyone fished Mario's recently? My mate from work was there for four days with is two boys. They had 4 nice carp out (2 over 20lb) and lost as many.

Been down there for a walk today and people on there have blanked for the last three days. I'm getting very conflicting opinions about this lake, but the fact remains - there are big fish in there.

Be interested to hear anyone's recent opinions on it.

• 8 years later...
On 24/04/2006 at 21:24, carpenwater said:

Has anyone fished cobbleacre lakes in norfolk?

A lovely lake with two islands.

We decided to go for a 3 night session on the specimen lake as we had been told it was an excellent fishery with some lovely carp and lots of big cats.

We made the booking and was told by latest bailiff Bob there would be no more than 8 anglers fishing the lake, excellent we thought.

We contacted the fishery a few days before our visit and was told "its fishing its nuts off mate, you will get loads out". We couldnt wait to get there.

We arrived at the fishery on Friday morning after a 2hr drive only to find most of the swims where occupied! We found the bailiff Bob to see what was going on and found out he had fully booked the lake with 15 anglers and the lake only has 15 swims! not impressed as we was told there would only be 8 of us. So we had to wait for swims to free up! Bob all so told us that it was fishing really well but when we spoke to the other anglers, hardly anything had been caught all week, think the bailiff must have talking about another lake! once we did get fishing we soon realised that this was not the easy lake we had been lead to believe. No fish where landed in the first 24hrs by anyone but we did manage to stalk 2 out of the reeds on crust. A 18lb mirror and a 12lb common, apperently there are no fish under 15lb so that was not true! Nothing else came out in the next 24hrs even though the bailiff told us different!

Let us know if you have fished this place lately.

And the tiolets where full of stinky winky too!

Hi myself and 3 mates turned up on Marios lake at 6:30 Saturday morning. we had no problems getting a swim each, the lake looked lovely and we couldn't wait to get set up, we all fished 2 rods but unfortunately none of us had so much as a nudge all day. we also fished Sunday until 7pm with the same result not a damn bleep,,, all 8 alarms were silent !!   from my swim I could see around 6 other swims and no one had any action at all over the two days,  obviously I'm not totally condemning this lake as I know to little about it and I'm sure there as been some great days on it BUT I was told on the Friday it was fishing really well and we would all be landing decent fish so like some of the other guys on here we were all very excited to get there, we had a 2 hour drive,  very disappointed and will not go there again,