Bishops Bowl lakes Warwickshire - Any good?

Fished here yesterday on the Mitre pool. How much weed? It's literally clogged with it. Spoke to the bailiff who delighted in telling me that there were a few 40's in there and some 60's in the greenhill pool(the one that you can't fish anymore. It's the old trout lake). Not sure i beleive that.

Anyway it was a tough day and i blanked on the Mitre pool, but i did get to watch a group of 5 small tench feeding on some sweetcorn and hemp that i had thrown in the margins. That was good. I'd seen carp feeding before, the carp were grazing eating loads of sweetcorn in one go, but the tench were more tentative taking a piece and then going away and coming back for more.

Felt quite privilidged to see that.

Anyway haven't given up on the Mitre pool. I will return, just need to find some better spots.

Believe me there are no 40s or 60s in any of these lakes. I was a bailliff there for near enough 10 years. I only seen 2 30s come out. 1 in the blue pool and 1 in the mitre. There used to be some lumps in the blue pool but they have long gone vanished in to thin air. The new owners should let you fish the green hill (jet ski) but speak to paul not his dad. Npowell send me pm and i will give you a few pointers.

• 3 years later...

Bishops Bowl has been bought by a new owner recently, they have changed a fair bit around the lakes, even linked a couple of the smaller ones. In particular they have cleared a lot of new pegs around the Mitre Pool, the one with the big cliff face at the back. You can fisgh the jet ski lake, it's a bit remote though, a fair trek with a barrow.

I fished there a few times and wasn't really that impressed.

No way in the world is 40's or 60's. I'd be surprised if there is any 30's anymore.

Greenhill is going syndicate I believe. That might be worth it depending on the price.

Day ticket wise is a bit pricey for the fish that's in there. You can fish Linear for the money and have a chance of 30+.

• 3 months later...

I dropped in at bishops bowl today just to enquire about night fishing as I was passing. Have to say I was very impressed with the help and advice I was given by the owner Sean. He offered to fish with me when I go and help me tackle up. Loads of advice on bait and tactics on a couple of the lakes, really nice bloke, better than some lakes I've been to where all they're interested in is your ticket money.