running rig tangles

jogon26

try using a stiffer hooklength material, flouro combi links tend to be pretty tangle proof.

Are you using supple braid?

Cuz if your finding the rig tangled once you've retrieved it doesn't mean it was tangled while it was out, tangles happen when the lead plugs in weed or slit and the jolt as it comes free does the tangling..

Also a small pva stick will also prevent tangles.

Also feathering the cast.

Have you tried these mate?

i tend to use silkworm 12lb or esp ghost 12lb with 2" of silkworm as a combi

but i do use a pva stocking some times but when i use a rig with nothing on it tends to tangle round the lead when i reel in .rich

That will usually be the hooklink falling around the lead as it drops through the water then :wink:

As mentioned use dissolving foam, PVA bags or mesh, or stringers, or go to kryston superstiff, or feather the cast. All of those methods reduce or prevent tangles

thanks for all the advice will get some anti tangle booms and put all your info into practice on my 24hrs session this weekend thanks.

tight lines rich

You don't need to waste money on anti tangle booms :wink:

A piece of silicon tube, or even a Tail Rubber slid over the hooklink swivel will do the same job :wink: , although Solar do (sorry, can't bring myself to recommend ESP gear now, not since they are making ready tied Death Rigs :evil: )

Anti-Tangle Sleeves

Designed to slip over the hooklink at the swivel or clip end, anti-tangle sleeves prevent the hooklink from tangling round the lead or clip & protect the knot, clip or swivel from damage. Flexible, but still stiff enough to help push the hooklink away from the clip or swivel. Available in Weed Green & Lakebed Brown, x20 per pack.

thanks for all the advice will get some anti tangle booms and put all your info into practice on my 24hrs session this weekend thanks.

tight lines rich

You don't need to waste money on anti tangle booms :wink:

A piece of silicon tube, or even a Tail Rubber slid over the hooklink swivel will do the same job :wink: , although Solar do (sorry, can't bring myself to recommend ESP gear now, not since they are making ready tied Death Rigs :evil: )

Anti-Tangle Sleeves

Designed to slip over the hooklink at the swivel or clip end, anti-tangle sleeves prevent the hooklink from tangling round the lead or clip & protect the knot, clip or swivel from damage. Flexible, but still stiff enough to help push the hooklink away from the clip or swivel. Available in Weed Green & Lakebed Brown, x20 per pack.

I've found some of these float aswell. Especially when using a very supple braid. Also the Esp Heat Shrink floats when used to cover the swivel, thats wehn its shrunk down aswell.

They lift the rig off the bottom.

jogon26

When you get to the lake and decide what rig you want to use make another 3 exactly the same rightdown to the mm. it may sound daft but really supple changes could drastically change results. Once you have 4 rigs the same put the super stiff on all 4 rigs i give it a good 30 minutes to dry up. I have found this is when it is really stiff. while you are waiting for them to dry you can then do offer stuff set up your bivvy watch the water etc..... now put two in your rig wallet and attach the other two rigs to your rods. so now when you catch a carp or say get your cast wrong you can tie on the two all ready stiff rigs without waiting for them to dry again. make as many rigs as you want depending on casting skill :)

Its just i don't find the reccomended time of 90 seconds isn't long enough for me to be confident in casting them without tangling. especially when they are wet!