hawkhurst fish farm

Hi I have fished there twice and blanked once. The second time between us we had 17lb, 12lb, 5lb and 5lb carp so it was not bad i suppose. The fish are fed on pellets which you can buy from the bailif.

The two bigger fish fell to white coconut baits (it was a long time ago) and were in the evening.

I would fish in open water and maybe stay away from the islands because this is where everybody immediately casts. The reeds by the bridge also bring a lot of anglers runs.

I would maybe stick to the main lake as Dove can be very slow. If you are going to fish it regularly then maybe give it a go. If its a few times a year I would bet that your main chance of banking a few fish would be the Main lake.

I don't know much about the water but if you have any questions just ask. Including my directions because its on the way to my Dad's so we drive past it everytime.

i used to fish it a few years ago mainly specimen lake,i would choose the main lake over dove i would personaly say dove is the hardest lake,went for a look around in april saw a bloke land a 26lb 8oz from dove,the main has got a lot harder to ,but the fish are a lot bigger than they use to be,my last trip to the main was april 2008 with my mates bait boat, had 12 fish including 4 cats to 21lb 8oz.if you use a bait boat try alot of diced cut up fish, and fish a boilie in amounst it,gives you the best of both worlds if the carp come in over the chopped up fish?.