brantham ici lake suffolk?

dont think it's a syndi mate, unless things have changed. think you can fish it on a day ticket but not till sept, members only till then. there are quite a few posts on here about it i will try to find some

I believe that due to problems with certain parts of a foreign community and some fish going missing and aggression aimed towards the Bailiff who works at the factory the Day Tickets have been stopped. They were only available from October until March anyway, and a close season has been enforced

I do know that ICI are looking to get a Full time guard going around the venue.

I have heard that at the moment the Factory workers have the right to fish it, and the syndicate is not yet totally up and running. This is only the current rumour though, and until I hear anything else I don't know any different.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Right, I've spoken to my neighbour who's an ICI employee & a bailif for the Decoy lake within the last 10 minutes & this is how things stand at the moment according to him.

The Factory is up for sale but the lake can still be fished by ICI employees, ex ICI employees, their family OR anyone who lives within a 5km (not mile) radius of the lake but you must know someone to get a day/guest ticket. Apparently, not anyone can fish it anymore.

If & when the Factory is sold, all decisions regarding the lake will be made by the new owners, they may fill it in, they may make a go of it but until that happens, the bloke is simply running it as a private club on a day-to-day basis.

I asked if it can be night fished... His reply was "yes but you have to stay in your bivvy or the rats will run off with it!" There's a Kebab stall up the road & these rats are more the size of cats :lol:

• 1 year later...
my brothers a member of paxmans and he took me over there the other week so if u know anyone who is a member of paxmans you should be able to go with them, its crazy action i had 30 carp in just over an hour
tbh mate your brother should not be taking you over as it is a NO GUEST RULE it is MEMBERS ONLY so if anyone is reading this and are members you cannot take anyone with you as you will possibly get a ban if you do