night fishing Midlands venues??????

Hi all I am looking to fish a venue at the bank holiday within a 50 mile radius of Cannock! Does anyone know of any venues? The only things the pool needs to have is safe parking and no rowdy idots spoiling the peace. Oh and prefferably a toilet as having an Eartha Kitt in the bushes dont really do it for me ( insects and nettles :shock: ) I dont require massive fish just good doubles into the twenties will suffice. Any info would be gratefully received as in the short time I,ve posted on here I,ve learnt that some members are secretive and some are ignorant aswell too boot!! Hopefully someone can be as helpful ,as I,ve tried to be on the forum, with their knowledge . Thanks guys :D

Hi Jukebox, I'd suggest that you have a look at www.Fisheries.co.uk as they list dozens of carp waters in and around the Midlands.

One that I can particularly recommend is Lavender Hall Fishery (Google it!) on Station Pool. Secure, safe and good facilities. Another favourite is Willesley Lake near Ashby de la Zouch.

Not far from you is Merrington Carp Fishery (Google it!) which, I'm told, is fishing very well at the moment.

Good luck.

Ian

thanks for the replys so far guys I will check that website out Welder cheers. If I have to fish a water with idiots and they spoil it by being chavs then they will get their session wrecked if they annoy me to much :evil: Its about time we took our pools back from mindless idiots :o I can tollerate the beer as I,ll have afew myself and if they wanna smoke weed thats ok but fires and tinny drum and bass music out of a mobile phone and thats my limit snapped and, the negotiator, will make an appearance from the boot of the car :shock: thanks again guys :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a 24 hour sesh on Merrington. The Shropshire lake is fishing well, and I had 3 and lost 2, all commons with the biggest 19lb 12.. My mate who was with me had a 25 4. 5 mid 20's all came out the wet night I was there, all to different anglers. In 2 24hr trips now I have had 10 fish, all over 16lb. Big mention to one of my Bomere syndicate friends who has had now over 100 fish out of Merrington since March 09 (great close season result!!)! All swims are fishing well to those who do not over complicate things, and the meaty/fishy boilies seem to be working well. I using Baitcraft's Special K on trial.

Booking essential at weekends, but mid week, things are quieter.

Betton Pool is a good mid Shropshire day ticket venue choice (has a close season as it is a SSSI), but not for the inexperience carp angler. Weed like you have never seen, pads/snags that are a nightmare and deep, deep water - not to mention the wakeboarders and mozzies! Used to be nice and quiet years ago, but is now pretty rammed. No toilets though!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi mate I,ve fished norton swag for 20 years and all I,ve had out is one ghost carp !!! I,ve seen pictures recently of fish that have come out( biggest one was 22lb) but these were caught in an area whilst the fish were spawning and I dont agree with that :evil: Hopefully thie next few weeks I,m gonna stick my canadian canoe on there and clear an area of weed of it as its quite bad at the moment !!!! I just aint sure how to hit it bait wise at the moment as theres a lot of natural bait in there and they seem to turn their noses up at boilies and pellets . Word of warning though about the swag , over the last few months I,ve seen a few polish lads fishing this and from what I,ve been told they have took quite a few tench ,pike and roach out !!!! Suppose looking at it its not such a bad thing the carp are difficult to catch at least it should stop them being removed :lol:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...