Hand luggage on ryanair

darrensmith

Hi guys, I and 7 mates are off to Nash lake on the 15 may :D , we've been trying to find out about the hand luggage rules.... :?

Does anyone know if we can take our reels in hand luggage or do they have to go in the hold :?:

If they can go as hand luggage do the spools with the very dangerous, life threatening line :shock: have to be took off and put in the hold... :?:

I know all terminal tackle with knifes hooks etc have to go in the hold which i fully appreciate but we have some concern about the reels being slung about on and off the plane...... :roll:

Please put my mind at ease, Cheers, Darren

Hi Darren,

You will be ok taking your reels as hand luggage so long as you put the spools in your main hold luggage.

All the best Berny and Gordon

Why are you not allowed to put your spools in your bag? is it something to do with the line and tying people up?

You could cut the pilots head off.... Similar reason you can't take lead weights on cos you could put them in a sock and knock someones head off....! :roll:

Hi Darren,

You will be ok taking your reels as hand luggage so long as you put the spools in your main hold luggage.

All the best Berny and Gordon

Why are you not allowed to put your spools in your bag? is it something to do with the line and tying people up?

You could cut the pilots head off.... Similar reason you can't take lead weights on cos you could put them in a sock and knock someones head off....! :roll:

u could probably do that with an apple in a sock ! :roll::roll:

not to mention the fact that you could roll 5ft of line up put it in your pocket if you wanted to use it to strangle someone ! i do wonder who sits down and dreams up ryan airs rules and excess item s,

surprised as their is 7 of you guys ryanair havn't come up with a fishermans surcharge, £15 per reel and £2 surcharge if you have line on the reel,