Kryston

daleg2008

I'm after a kryston product that stiffens the hooklink, now its not the superstiff stuff. it came in a white tube like tothpaste with kryston written in green up the side. i believe its mainly used to stiffen the last bit of the hooklink behind the shot when using pop ups. i can't remember what its called though and if its still available to buy. any info is appreciated. ta

I'm after a kryston product that stiffens the hooklink, now its not the superstiff stuff. it came in a white tube like tothpaste with kryston written in green up the side. i believe its mainly used to stiffen the last bit of the hooklink behind the shot when using pop ups. i can't remember what its called though and if its still available to buy. any info is appreciated. ta

superstiff dissolves in water doesnt it????

Would some good superglue not work???? (just dont glue the knots or anyplace that will end up folding/hinging as that does weaken the braid)

This stuff doesn't dissolve in water. i wouldn't let superglue anywhere near my end tackle. just put a drop of superglue on top of water! it still smells once dried and its full of toxins. thats why i like kryston, their products are non-toxic. that bondage stuff sounds about right, maybe they have just changed the packaging!?

This stuff doesn't dissolve in water. i wouldn't let superglue anywhere near my end tackle. just put a drop of superglue on top of water! it still smells once dried and its full of toxins. thats why i like kryston, their products are non-toxic. that bondage stuff sounds about right, maybe they have just changed the packaging!?

To right! the gas given of from super glue are in fact Cyanide, ethyl cyanoacrylate :!:

To right! the gas given of from super glue are in fact Cyanide, ethyl cyanoacrylate :!:

Even once its dry???? i wouldn't of thort that once its been dried its a problem???????

The other reason I have never used it is that it cures (sets) by heat, put some on a piece of foam to see what happens, It will smoke as it gets so hot and can combust!

It's nasty stuff and I would never use it on my rigs or knots, Good for repairing broken mug handles :P

• 4 weeks later...

imo it was terrible stuff m8 it made superglue smell like a rose garden.

we went as far as to taste the stuff when it had dried on the hooklengths,

and i can promis you it tasted as bad as it stunk.

if you wana go for a stiffer section in your hooklength,

go with a coated braid or coated flurocarbon.

you can get so many variations with just one spool of this stuff.

tight lines :wink: