Dutch Carping

• 2 weeks later...

hi, I live in Holland near to the Hague. Carping is the most popular fishing over hear as well as pole fishing, so any decent tackle shop (which there aren't many of) should be able to tell you. My local shop Paddy Hengelsport will be able to tell you, their site: http://www.paddyhengelsport.nl/ . Their English is good and they'll know the best places in the surrounding areas (and probably most of the country) to go carping in. Hope this helps.

Andy

• 3 months later...

i'm doing the same, trying to find info for fishing oportunities in Holland. Maybe try babel fish its an online translator. karper is the dutch word for carp, vissen for fishing. i've joined karperwereld and translated it but i wasn' t looking for commercials, i'm more of the pioneering type looking for lakes and canals round A'dam for aug bank hols. As far as getting info...seems even more secret squirrel than here in England. And they've got huge amounts of water. Challenge much! :shock::D

well i wish you the best of luck, i am still searching all though not as activly as you have been by the sound of it. any info you get and willing to share would be greatly apprieciated.

as for secret squirrels i have heared some very interesting stories regarding non locals being moved on from spots ect by local anglers very terrortorial but i kinda of understand, look at the affects it hard in France!

i have found a few intersting sight which i will send you a pm for, not sure if they are of interest to you but may be worth a look.

also with regards to more commercial fishing in Holland there is always the option of this place which i really am considering giving a go

i like the idea of having my own island for a week or so

http://www.fishermanholidays.com/en/lake/detail.phtml?id=13

Thanks for the info mate. As you alluded to the commercials thing is not my cup of tea. And to be honest I haven't found much else, I know of 'fishing in Holland' website which also do guided trips. Takes a bit to navigate through the site but there is some good info. I'm going to hit them up before I head to A'dam late August. I've found just cruising the dutch carp forums is the best bet. I think most of the waters in holland are self serve, ie explore yourself, because there certainly isnt a lack of water thats for sure!

Good luck mate!

Ben aka the nomadic angler

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...