kd rig

binfield

i have found doesnt tend to work aswell on a pop up

Well thats the whole point of the KD rig isnt it? :?

Use a pop up..... critically balance it with a shot on the hair so that it ensures that the hook will be heavier and hang down more aggressively thus giving it more chance of catching the bottom lip.

the reason i asked about flourocarbon was for concealment really. I tied a few up with a coated braid but when droped in the margins they stood out. cant seem to match the hooklink to the bed. The venue i fish is quite pressured so rig camo is the way to go i think..

i think its going off track abit. I understand how the rig works , i was just concerned about fish seeing the coated hookling and if flouro was an option for the hook link. I am having trouble with the coating matching the lake bed. The bed of the lake a quite a light sand kind of colour and i cant find anything to match apart from flouro......by the way how are the glugs going dave?. :lol:

i think its going off track abit. I understand how the rig works , i was just concerned about fish seeing the coated hookling and if flouro was an option for the hook link.

I see your point but then you have the problem with the flouro not being supple enough for the hook to do its bit and hang very limp. There is no way on earth that a hook on a flouro hooklink can turn as well as a soft braid..... FACT!

So that leaves you with only one option..... a combi link of braid and flourocarbon.

Sorted! 8)

i think its going off track abit. I understand how the rig works , i was just concerned about fish seeing the coated hookling and if flouro was an option for the hook link. I am having trouble with the coating matching the lake bed. The bed of the lake a quite a light sand kind of colour and i cant find anything to match apart from flouro......by the way how are the glugs going dave?. :lol:

As far as the pineapple chilli one that works awesome as far as makin another I shall be havin a bash over next few days the quiet days strawberry black pepper chilli is on the list my

Mates rolls his own and that's why he made matchin glug now needed

• 2 weeks later...

what bs fluro and braid have you used and what knot have you used???

I tend to find that 24lb braid and 25lb fluro are the most reliable as if your knot is somehow impaired it should still break above 12lb, if you tie it with a slightly adapted mahin knot, it should break above 15lb on average around 20lb.

You would be surprised how easily a combi tied ot of 10-12lb bs materials can brake.

Jack :)