99% tangle free

daleg2008

I am looking at getting the best presentation on the bottom of the lake. well as much as can possibly achieved. i don't like using pva, i will explain why. i am basically an boile angler, i usually cast out my rig and scatter anything from 6 boilies to 5 kilo worth, depending on the fishing situation. now why i don't like pva, if you have your boiles scattered about, the carp are then picking these off one by one. then he comes across your rig, with the crushed boilies etc.... that were in the pva bag. he thinks hang on, none of the other boilies had this extra bait around it. i think the extra bait just causes more attention to the rig. also so many carp are caught on this method. maybe i am being to paranoid but thats me. anyway, back to my oringinal question, will coated hooklinks, foam, short hooklink and anti tangle sleeve, cut down on the majority of tangles? i also use the clip alot, this should help straighten out the rig in water. right? cheers

Hi there, if you're that paraniod about having broken or free offerings that close to your hook bait, why not try putting a couple of small stones in pva and then attach that to your rig, that way it will keep your hooklink straight and shouldn't affect the area around your hook bait

Cheers guys, some nice ideas there. i have heard alot about feeling the lead down. how do you do that? it must be hard to get an tight line on the cast :s

Just feather the cast with your finger and then you will be able to keep a fairly tight line for when it hits the water. Also keep your rod tip high and just as its about to hit the surface i lower the rod with it. Then as it hits the bottom you will feel the rod bounce back and the line will go slack.

Cheers guys, some nice ideas there. i have heard alot about feeling the lead down. how do you do that? it must be hard to get an tight line on the cast :s

Just feather the cast with your finger and then you will be able to keep a fairly tight line for when it hits the water. Also keep your rod tip high and just as its about to hit the surface i lower the rod with it. Then as it hits the bottom you will feel the rod bounce back and the line will go slack.

is it the same princepal if using the clip?

PVA can be used in your favour :wink:

Get the mesh and put a number of boilies in it, but when you tie it up, tighten it too much, as it dissolves the boilies often "spring" out the pva, well away from the hook.

Also if you use Boilie crumb in a bag or mesh, then the only whole item is the hookbait.

Also if you tie back the hooklink to the tubing then you can get away with single tangle free with one or none in free offerings.

The feathering a cast gets the hooklink to kick away from the mainline, but you can also use Dissolving foam, Superstiff, or even just a wet braided hooklink with no air trapped behaves differently from a dry braided link

Thanks for all the replies. much appreciated :) now bought some superstiff, looking forward to using it.

Ooer Mrs :?:wink::lol::lol:

I believe that there is another thread mentioning Superstiff somewhere, and a sneaky little tip about a Concertina rig :wink:

Thanks for all the replies. much appreciated :) now bought some superstiff, looking forward to using it.

Ooer Mrs :?:wink::lol::lol:

I believe that there is another thread mentioning Superstiff somewhere, and a sneaky little tip about a Concertina rig :wink:

hahaha now read that back to my self. :lol: ill give it a search thanks :)