whelford pools

Fished it the other day and have to say I was more than a little disappointed with it.

Too sceney for me, bivvy city etc etc...

Apparently pink pop ups are the way to go but I got the impression that it didn't really matter and if you were on fish they'd have anything

Fish whelkford loads over the years, It gets way too busy now so I have joined a good syndicate in the area. Some nice fish in whelford though.. Everyone alwasy says small bags to the margins with poups etc so I always did the opposite and put lots of bait in and always caught well.

Fished it loads over the years. In fact i caught my very first carp from what is now the Syndicate lake many many years ago. If you can get down there for a session during the week (especially this early in the year) then it's well worth a trip and shouldn't be too busy. Bait wise i wouldn't worry too much and just use anything your confident in. Hemp, pellets, tigers, boilies, pepperami, bottom baits, sweetcorn ect ect all work very well. Yes the margins do fish well, but whilst in open water don't neglect the marker rod. Plenty of features to go at if you look hard enough.

I fished Whelford in August 2007 and had a couple out, 19lb 5oz & 16lb 10oz. I fished the top swim on the left and baited up the corner. I caught them on Mainline Activ 8 boillies over a bed of groundbait, hemp, pellets, boillies and corn made into balls. I liked the place it was fairly busy but its a nice little lake.

The website says the fish range from 12-29lb with the average size being 19lb.

WhelfordPoolsThePoint.jpg

Area I baited up.

CoirnerSwimWhelfordPools.jpg

19lb5ozWhelfordPools.jpg

19lb 5oz

WhelfordPools16lb11ozLinearMirror.jpg

16lb 11oz