Brogborough clay pit, Ampthill AC

iambunn

Its available through the normal Ampthill AC ticket, but requires the syndicate ticket to enable you to night fish.

The pit is over 260 acres, has a stock of around 200 carp, and apparently holds some lovely originals, 70 percent commons, 30 percent mirrors.

Its not something I plan to target any time soon, but definately in the future as my first larger carp water that will take a couple of years (at least) to get to know the basics.

The advantage about it being fairly close is that I would be able to spend plenty of time there. I'll definately be getting myself down there some time soon to have a wonder about.

Its available through the normal Ampthill AC ticket, but requires the syndicate ticket to enable you to night fish.

The pit is over 260 acres, has a stock of around 200 carp, and apparently holds some lovely originals, 70 percent commons, 30 percent mirrors.

Its not something I plan to target any time soon, but definately in the future as my first larger carp water that will take a couple of years (at least) to get to know the basics.

The advantage about it being fairly close is that I would be able to spend plenty of time there. I'll definately be getting myself down there some time soon to have a wonder about.

Fair play to ya if you fish that place and get some out.when we was driving round it a few weeks back some parts were frozen

I'm not a member of the club, just enquiring to see if it is worth joining for the use of that particular lake.

With rumours of stocking stolen fish though, I would have second thoughts. With confirmation of stolen fish, I would certainly be put off.

Where did you hear this? What evidence is there to suggest that this is the case?

in a word no , i am not going through a load of hassle to get pics get to a scanner take a copy of said pics just to put up on here for you to see . no offence mate but i dont have enough hours in the day to do what i want with out driving all over bedfordshire to get pictures for some fella on the internet . its fact fish have been stolen and put in there waters , if you spread your wings get down the water were the fish were stolen i am sure someone will show you the fact , ask about a fish called six scale ! .

get yourself down woburn , from what i can gather from your posts you are newish to carp fishing ? you will learn more fishing and watching down there in a couple of seasons than some do in a lifetime . i gaurantee it will set you in good stead for the rest of your carp fishing career .

Wasn't expecting anything like that from you, fella. Merely a link to any other forum discusions about it, or even a name of the lake where they were supposedly taken from. I saw that reply as being quite hostile, and I don't appreciate it. Quite frankly I don't know why you came back in that way, no need.

I do understand your annoyance with the club if things like these have happened and nothing has been done, but how about chilling out when talking to people that are just asking a couple of questions with the best intentions.

its not meant in a hostile way , just the truth why i am not going to drive to get photo's of my mates to put up ! . look on carpforum think there is a thread on there about it . but back to woburn i meant what i said get down there if you are after a new water you will learn so much its unreal . ive spent hours down there watching them feed , it taught me so much .

sorry if you thought that was hostile ,just telling it as it is , save your dollar much better clubs around than ampthill imho .

Fair enough, point taken.

Are you talking about woburn sands pit? Been meaning to get down there to have a look. Unfortunately the vauxhall website has little or no info or pictures of it. Looks good on google earth, is it quite mature?

web site is a pile of poo i will give you that !

i have panoramic's of the whole lake but no scanner other why's i would stick them up for you , yep its a nice mature lake but its a excellent venue all sorts in there to learn and teach you . not massive fish by todays standards but a good stock to mid thirties . it went down hill a few years ago ( ie fish thefts ect ect) but i am told now that there are new baliffs who have sorted it out . for the money its very good value and if it was not so far away from me now i would still fish it because of how much fun i had there and enjoyed myself . if your looking for a challenge it could be the water for you , not sure on whats left but they is some proper old school deep chestnut coloured beasts in there .

google is your friend !

not me but you can see what some of the fish are like

http://www.bigcarp.net/showphoto.php/photo/452/size/big/cat//date/1226234771

http://www.thefishingzone.org/carp_gallery.html

edited again

funnily enough six scale is on the first link !! when fish like that get stolen people get upset .

They are some cracking fish! I'm happy with a challenge, there wouldn't be a proper baiting campaign as I live a little far away, but would definately be up for some blanks to get at those warriors.

How are the members? All sensible carpers that know how to have a laugh? Would be perfect, hopefully not too much litter and not visitied by yobs.

I may even make it over there this sunday to have a look. Any decent trees to sit up? :D

Yep some good trees to sit , i wouldnt worry about baiting campaign's baits in the right place will do the job . litter and fools can be a problem but i am told the new baliffs have been on the case and have sorted . if you are going for a wander take a bit of bait you might be able to tempt them into feeding .

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...