south west area

taffh

Used to go to a little lake called emerald lake just past burnham on sea when i went on holiday ages ago. Not sure what its like now but there was sturgeon in there aswell :D

Is that the caravan holiday Park Paul, with a small club house? Small pool then the lake? As I went there over 20 years ago :oops:

Used to go to a little lake called emerald lake just past burnham on sea when i went on holiday ages ago. Not sure what its like now but there was sturgeon in there aswell :D

Is that the caravan holiday Park Paul, with a small club house? Small pool then the lake? As I went there over 20 years ago :oops:

No i think you might mean unity farm or maybe northan farm in brean?

I looked on the net and found a place called chiltern trinity near bridgewater. Has anyone been there? The pictures look inviting????

Seem to have 4 or 5 lakes with some carp in the upper 20s. Anyone got any ideas for cold weather bait and method??

Northam Farm, Brean, has a small lake/large pool that looks unlikely. Despite that I fished it when my wife and I stayed there in our touring caravan in 2007.

I had some very nice fish from that water. Best was 18.5lb mirror. Nobody was carp fishing while I was there, just me. The other anglers were mostly holidaymakers using Argos-type tackle....or that stuff sold in the promenade toyshops....and not catching much.

I had a look at the Unity Park pool while there. Looked rather nice, or as nice as an overfished, holiday park water can be.

Ian

I would stay away from the main carp lake if you were looking for a quick day session.

I would stick to the main lake that holds some nice fish. They have a lot of match fishing on there and I would go about fishing it using not so much carp fishing tactics but base my approach on more of a match style :wink:

Edit - That relates Trinity Waters by the way :oops::oops:

Northam Farm, Brean, has a small lake/large pool that looks unlikely. Despite that I fished it when my wife and I stayed there in our touring caravan in 2007.

I had some very nice fish from that water. Best was 18.5lb mirror. Nobody was carp fishing while I was there, just me. The other anglers were mostly holidaymakers using Argos-type tackle....or that stuff sold in the promenade toyshops....and not catching much.

I had a look at the Unity Park pool while there. Looked rather nice, or as nice as an overfished, holiday park water can be.

Ian

I went in about 1990 or something when they first made the lake. It was hard fishing at first but each year we went it got better and better as it matured. That little pool was good too on the pole but i used to get pestered by eels :(

• 1 month later...

Have you tried bullocks farm nr clevedon or plantation lakes in the same area or acorn fisheries, these are all in a place called kingston seymour. There is a place in between gloucester and ledbury called staunton court been there once first time last year and caught 9 biggest 15lb but they do go up to 35lb apparently.