noknot

Yesterday was our local forum fish in: Taken from SFA post:

Well we arrived nice and early at Pak Nai,

Harry

Sky Wollf

Cardy

Carpa

The Comp is on!!!

baits rigs leads and floats were soon thrashing the water to foam!

Even though some members Had agreed this was a social fish, some very competitive members kept some card's under their hat!

So 30 mins latter Harry the "Hat" is in to an obviously very good Carp!

After a good scrap I netted( after failing to knock the Carp of with the net) a stunning Pak nai Common! Gutted!

Onto the unhooking mats and into the sling(being wetted at all times) Harry Hoisted the monster Carp in the weigh sling and shook with adrenaline as the scales showed around 19lbs!

Unknown to Harry, Carpa was pulling on them in an old Carp fishing wind up

Till I could stand no more and burst out into giggles! Wet my knees Harry!

The true weight was 15.14lbs, making her the best HK SFA Carp of the year!!!

Keith1514.jpg

So being a very laid person I had to get one! Mins later a flying take, and I'm in Battle with a beast, a great fight was had and a Channel Catfish of 14lbs was landed! Close but not close enough!

MeCat.jpg

Cardy the TK(tilapia King) had many(6 hook spider rigs) did the trick!

In all this time SW persisted on the float and bagged some lovely Carp and Crapiers while the Carp boys had a beer! Well done Frank!

190k was on form with his oil slick methods and baits and esky of Kingway which Cardy emptied in true Margate form!

Carp1PFL162.jpg

Many Carp and Crapiers were landed by all members until that horrible sound of the final whistle was blown by Harry, as he was nervous to be toppled as SFA Carp king!

So off we go for a great Thai meal and a few beer Changs! Well I did!

Carp1PFL160.jpg

So all in all a superb day, with great company and friends all met on SFA!

With Some great fish to boot! And a Tan top up for free!

Till the next one, Thanks Gents for a wonderfull Day, and Cheers SFA!

So enjoy your Reign Carp King Harry, as it will be a short one! Long Live the King! And hail to Monster Carp I say!

www.windrainandmudanglers.org.hk

Wet Nets!

• 1 month later...
Got set up by 11.30am on Saturday, wheather looked perfect, Had a look around and picked the bank with the breeze coming at me, my friend arrived at 12pm and started to set up.

I had baited two areas with black eyes, corn and chops, hookbaits were glugged boilie tipped with fake corn. 20 mins latter fast run on my right rod.... 9.8lbd Common! was I happy! Just recast and another take same rod....11.10 MIRROR!!! My second only Mirror in HK! Then off again....10.7 Common!

This went on all day and the Cats came on the feed also well into dark and early morning til 3am then dead! It was so cold! a few takes around 6am and into the morning on Sunday, but not like Saturdays action!

Day time temps were 23+C but dropped to 5c at night, which is cold for HK. we have no bivies or beds and roughed it and shiverd on plastic chairs!!! Hadcore or Mad??? Total was 16 Carp and 7 Cats and only 1 droped fish, so the rigs are spot on! So I ended up getting frozen at night and sun burnt in the day! Heres to the next time :wink:

Pics to follw :P

My Best from the Sess:

A HK Mirror(very rare)!!!

Mirror.jpg

M2.jpg

Best Commons:

108Common.jpg

95Common.jpg

9Common.jpg

Best Cat:

14Cat.jpg

We will be out again on Sat! Roll on Spring!!! :P And topped up the Tan :mrgreen: