Hong Kong Carp angling.

noknot

On image shack when you have your picture up left click on the top code (under the pic) called "Forum" and the whole lot of the writeing should all go blue, then right click on it which will bring up a tab, click copy then bring up the forum page and in your post right click and paste, this will post the picture in your post :wink:

Hello all,

I live in HK, Im a Brit from Canterbury in Kent and have been out here for the last 15 Years(God that was quick)!!!

Just a little background info:

In the UK I fished a good old mix of waters from 1.5acre pools, Estate lakes to Big open Gravel Pits and some of the circuit waters in the 80's.

And have been lucky to have fished with and along some of the Top anglers at the time!

On to HK! Carp are not really targeted in HK apart for the Food aspect(shock) This is Asia!

There is a small band of Gwailos(foreiners) targeting Carp in the UK style.

ie: Baits, rigs, methods and Carp care!

Most of the waters in HK are either Reservoirs or old fish ponds(for market fish) Some of the Ressies are Huge and very deep:

http://www.sportfishingasia.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=490&d=1218941055 6*4KM

But with some Huge fish! Carp to over 40+ Grass Carp to over 50+ and Big head Carp to 98lbs, last Saturday a 35KG BHead was landed :shock:

I am trying this small Ressie at the Mo and will be there again this Sat:

My main approach is close to med range fishing with Corn, peanuts and homemade boilies, with good standard hookrigs, I tend not to play with bait and rigs once I have confidence in them!

I even have gone back to the original"Bolt Rig"!fished on a slackish line=great takes, Proof:

I hope this is of interest to 1 or 2 of you, any questions? just ask, Tight lines all!

DSC_1229.jpg

Carp1PFL100.jpg

Carp1PFL044.jpg

DSC_1216.jpg

DSC_1251.jpg

Carp1PFL126.jpg

The bailiffs bike! :D

I hope this is better, I have a brain sche now! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a couple from last Saturday, Notice the suntan :mrgreen:

1273.jpg

1272.jpg

Carpa2.jpg

9PN.jpg

Great day and company, all fish caught on Homemade HNV's with fishy bits, Remember this young Lad, as I'm sure you will be seeing a lot more of him in the next few years, He's 12 years old, makes his own baits and has had Cats over 180lbs and Carp to 28+!

Andy11.jpg

Baxter.jpg

ps: Notice the condition of the fish all with the "curtans intact", No ripped or black mouths as we use light Carp rods 2lbs TC, Makes me think?