New water needed!

hi mate, i know of a water near there it is called earith lakes there are a few lakes there but one of them is the carp lake and it has a good head of carp with many over 30 im not sure if theres any over 40 though, i dont know if that is close to were you are or not but unfortunately thats all i know im sure if you research it you will find out more. :D:D

I would love to have a crack at the place one day but i would be well out of my depth at the minute on a water like that.

What article is that then Kev' as i would be interested in getting a back issue if it's quite detailed ?

I bet you'd be fine mate, from what I've read its got some productive margin spots and the deep open water has high bars on it that you'd probably find spots on or around.

Its no oil painting though the ground looks pretty rough and it has big changes in water levels and its got thorny bushes all round - it wins no prizes on looks. Very much like my current water but a different shape.

I can see me joining within the next few years :wink:

I'll find the magazine and PM you the details, if you cant get it I'll try scanning it for ya! :wink:

Fished there for 3 years, won't be going back!!!! :twisted:

I seem to know the name for some reason.

You fished Earith Carp Lakes, Ian Jones lakes?

Must admit I did like the lakes on Virginia syndicate and had a lot of fish out. I didn't make it to any of the real biggies I did manage a lot of 20's, although I did see a few a fair bit bigger.

Given the choice in that area for fisheries, I'd probably wangle Elstow or Woolpack.

Yes Nick, Ian Jone's.

You sent me a map ages ago mate.

I had plenty out plus 4 30's.

Just had enough of all the new members turning up.

Thinking of Elstow and Ecton lakes or Woolpack

Unfortunately thats the problem with it being such a good water, new members :? .

Mind you the effort you put in has given you the results. I would love to see the pics of the fish, see if I can match any to my captures while I was on there, I think a few have put on a bit of weight :!:

Would you mind PM'ing some over please?

Sorry, Even if I can't remember every PM :oops: I send I do try to remember the name and member :wink::lol:

Alright all

As some of you might be aware the woolpack is up for sale.

Lakes 1,2 and 3 are not (lake 3 is the one I fish, mostly) as these are not owned by the aggregates company selling them.

The entire gold side is up for sale ( I think 160 grand) and also the ‘unfished’ landscape lake plus two others one very big and a small lake which I think in total is over 100 acres and about 200 grand.

There is plenty of 20t’s 30t’s and some 40t’s and a 50t (I don’t think that’s a secret anymore is it?)

The point? well there will be a lot of new members there so you might wanna give it a miss, however that will also be a lot of new water to fish if indeed they open as fisheries….

I would love to have a crack at the place one day but i would be well out of my depth at the minute on a water like that.

What article is that then Kev' as i would be interested in getting a back issue if it's quite detailed ?

There's a Johnny MAc article in CARPology, you've probably seen it but I'll try and find it and get the issue number.

Not sure if that's the one Kev's recommended though...

I bet you'd be fine mate, from what I've read its got some productive margin spots and the deep open water has high bars on it that you'd probably find spots on or around.

Its no oil painting though the ground looks pretty rough and it has big changes in water levels and its got thorny bushes all round - it wins no prizes on looks. Very much like my current water but a different shape.

I can see me joining within the next few years :wink:

I'll find the magazine and PM you the details, if you cant get it I'll try scanning it for ya! :wink:

Any chance you could let me know the details too?

Any idea how long the waiting list for pit 1 is now?

Alright all

As some of you might be aware the woolpack is up for sale.

Lakes 1,2 and 3 are not (lake 3 is the one I fish, mostly) as these are not owned by the aggregates company selling them.

The entire gold side is up for sale ( I think 160 grand) and also the ‘unfished’ landscape lake plus two others one very big and a small lake which I think in total is over 100 acres and about 200 grand.

There is plenty of 20t’s 30t’s and some 40t’s and a 50t (I don’t think that’s a secret anymore is it?)

The point? well there will be a lot of new members there so you might wanna give it a miss, however that will also be a lot of new water to fish if indeed they open as fisheries….

Will you be stopping on mate?

Does look a lovely venue in your blogs :wink:

I think I might be elsewhere from now on as I have other challenges.

I have fished the pack very little this year (compared to last year).

This year it has been very busy on lake 3 and as you know i like a bit of solitude.

However, never say never eh?

I think I might be elsewhere from now on as I have other challenges.

I have fished the pack very little this year (compared to last year).

This year it has been very busy on lake 3 and as you know i like a bit of solitude.

However, never say never eh?

I think you can tell its got busier through the blogs.

Good luck with the new water! This is your overgrown stalking water right? (Cambs) from the photo blogs - I've watched too many blogs :lol:

Steve,

Know how you feel, actually know how Paul_Oggy feels as it may have been some of my results putting his water on the map as it were. The Guy who runs the syndicate Ian is a smashing bloke, but when I fished there he was writing Cambs Uncovered for Carp-Talk. Since I was there almost every week and definitely catching I got a few mentions in the Mag, and his water got the publicity as well. His right, he owns the water and needs it to be a viable option, just a shame that it does put extra members on our own "Private" piece of heaven :wink::?:lol:

I know that when I left the Syndicate on my terms I recommended it to a fair number of people on here as I had found I really enjoyed the place.

Or is it the successful members like Paul and some others on there who say to 1 friend "I know a good water and reckon you should join". If Ian has 50 members and 20 (random numbers) are regularly catching and recommend it, then that is a Syndicate now at 70 (not including the drop-outs)