stiff material

trickydicky88uk

I keep Amnesia in my tackle box, its brilliant stuff for use as the boom for combi-links and as a stiff rig in itself.

While I prefer the black for shockleaders as it is slightly softer (or seems it to me), I prefer White for Hooklinks.

The best knot I have found with Amnesia is a simple 2or3 turn blood knot, or if you want to use a Loop knot then the knot that is pictured in Kryston packing.

Lets see if I can give a description;

Tie an overhand knot in the end, but don't tighten at all, thread on swivel. Push the tag end down through the overhand knot, and then twist 4times, around the mainsection. Push the end back up the overhand knot, wet and gradually pull tight.

• 4 weeks later...

i've used amnesia for years, it was a big edge for me on my water as everyone was using these hi-tec modern coated braids, i used good ole amnesia and did really well on it. i know it was the link that made a difference, i went from not having a single take all season, just the odd bleep or lift to having full blooded one toners with decently hooked fish. i've also been playing around with ESP ghost and bristle filament. i feel the ghost is easier to work with.

:)