Korda Link Loop

ohnoitsabream

I've been using these since they came out without any problems. I'm also using Korda Supernatural braid. I tie the braid to the link loop using a Palomar knot, but recently I've found that the braid is breaking at the knot well below breaking strain. I tested several other makes of braid at home with similar results. I have since reverted to a simple fig of 8 knot. I suspect the braid is being squeezed in the small end of the link loop. Has anybody else experienced similar?

Don't you salvage the link loops/ rig rings of the rigs when your done with the rig :wink: seems like your throwing your money away :?

I seem to have lost all of my quick links :? haven't got a clue how tho, out of 20 or so I've got 2 left (they are rather battered to boot lol), i cant recall using them all, a trip 2 the tackle shop is in need :lol:

Don't you salvage the link loops/ rig rings of the rigs when your done with the rig :wink: seems like your throwing your money away :?

You are only throwing your money away anyway. What ever happened to a simple figure of eight on the end of your hooklink and a quick link? You dont need link loops.....

FACT!!!!!

I found figure of eight loops stronger anyway, it seems to put less pressure on the knot itself as the braid/mono isnt turning and twisting the knot around the link loop as theres no link loop there ( if you know what i mean, i couldnt work out how to say what i mean :? ) and its easier to pass the rig through pva bags when fishing the pva stick method.

You are only throwing your money away anyway. What ever happened to a simple figure of eight on the end of your hooklink and a quick link? You dont need link loops.....

FACT!!!!!

Figure of eight on both ends of my hooklink :wink:

Thanks for all your posts, definitely fig of 8 loop from now on. Kryston packaging shows 'improved' loop knot from Dave Chilton. TBH I've tested this knot and I can't see any discernible difference to the fig of 8 which is slightly easier to tie with my sausage fingers.

No worries, I just mentioned it as I find it easy to tie, or rather it is the Knot I know how to tie and have no problems with :wink::lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I have used the supernatural quite a bit with no problems ,i would guess the problem is arising do to using the link loop ,it has always been recommended not to use diamond eye swivels with braid and in essence you are getting the same result using the link loop ie constricting the knot so i would dispence with their use ,like tony i cant really see the benefit of them i always use a figure of 8 loop and attach it sraight to the link swivel .