vallee lake

daveb69

hello all.

I'm off to vallee lake in France in June of next year and I'm a bit worried about some of the reports I've been reading about the lack of fishing being caught and when they are caught they are only on certain swims. also a report about dead fish being seen floating on the surface. the owner being interested in constantly trying to make money out of you when your there.

could anyone please shed any light on these rumors.

many than

Dave

• 1 month later...

hi mate, i have fished there and wouldnt go back if the holiday was for nothing!. sorry to put a dampener on things for you, it was a good week for my friend, he banked a few fish, but it also agrees that were never going back due to the ignorance of the owners, when we arived we had already pre-ordered all of our baits, however it stil took them around 4hrs to fetch out mats/slings/and baits, and we were just sat there ready and waiting.

also the guys in the cabin up from us had a food packge booked, and never recieved anything at all, and didnt get a refund!!.

my tips would be to fish with 3 pcs of maize on the hair with a pop up maize ontop. fished over alot of maize and hemp. and a snowman rig for the boilies.

hope you enjoy it more than we did, tight lines. :wink:

p.s keep your money in ur pocket and check the prices he gives u for bait are correct and that he doesnt rip you off. !

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

While the quality and quantity of fish is important.... so is how venues are managed and how us the hard working punters are treated... i dont know many who would return to this venue... i certainly would not after our trip in 2007..... CCFH are great agents and i've used them for over 10yrs.... plenty of better venues available..

Regards

AJS

fished there oct 08 fishing was`nt that bad but i would get kicked off this site for posting what i really think of the bloke that runs the place he charged us for bait boats that did not work amongst other things :(

Yeah... i can relate... and sometimes we have to bound the keyboard not to imply slander, however the comments posted are founded and this forum is fair to allow negative comments being posted..

I look forward to an annual trip to France.. we all work hard preparing and paying for the trip and theres nothing more deflating when you discover the venue is not what you expected... In this particular case the lake management should be addressed and change tact.. misleading anglers is not acceptable..