Nene Carp

Anyone got any tips for tackling up for a river? I'm leaving for a 48hour bash on the nene in an hour and was just wondering if anyone had any tips, I am using lead clips,tubing, 3-4 grippa leads, short supple braided hair also bait is a 10mm spicy chicken indulgence wrapped in fishmeal paste (im not bovered about bream ells etc fish are fish!). Is this anygood?

Thanks

Well I've seen some crackers whilst piking cruizing up n down just under the surface. Never fished it for them though so cant help lol!

Location is probably all you need worry about coz their so mobile.

We fished areas with overflows into pools with pads that they are said to spawn in - it was a lovely setting.

Good luck! What a cracking river :wink:

what stretch do you plan on fishing, i have lived next to the river for 25 years, There are plenty of carp about.

When i fish the river i bait a few spots in the margins then walk between them seeing if the baits have been fed on and sometimes catch fish having a munch. Once you find one thats been cleared up put a little more on and drop the rig in and just wait.

Did you see the carp crew on it , it was where Mary queen of Scotts was imprisoned ,i think its Fotheringhay or something like that he walked a long way pre baited for a week and had a 18 it was 'nt Jan it was the other bloke i can't remember his name. 8)

It was the Bluebell Lakes stretch, thats if the program had Steve Broad in it? The program thanked the complex in the end titles. Unless that was another carp series.

Good stretch anyhow, runs behind the bluebell lodge towards Fotheringhay. Dont think they controlled it or allowed fishing on it until a couple of years ago? Same as they didnt allow fishing on ARC (Mallard) coz of potential complaints by villagers.

Now the complex is fully established they opened up the water nearer the village. Could be wrong but thats how I remember it

Irthilingborough, i know all that area. I grew up fishing the nene on the wellingborough district ticket. Live i Wellingborough so only 3 mile up the river. Used to go behind the pinetree's estate to fish the lakes and river years and years ago and used to fish 14 arches and ditchford all the time. you cant go far wrong anywhere in the area for the carp they are all the way down the nene.

Irthilingborough, i know all that area. I grew up fishing the nene on the wellingborough district ticket. Live i Wellingborough so only 3 mile up the river. Used to go behind the pinetree's estate to fish the lakes and river years and years ago and used to fish 14 arches and ditchford all the time. you cant go far wrong anywhere in the area for the carp they are all the way down the nene.

Ditchford - Happy Days! The small lake was like features galore, everyone had their own little section - superb! The big lake well that seemed to hold a few lumps, I wish I'd have seriously carp fished these pits while I had the chance - but I was just winter piking.

The Wellingborough ticket used to have a small pit on it over the road from Barnwell, whats that one called? Was told at the time that it was weed choked but contained a small number of large fish.

I reckon in a couple of years I'll be fishing down your way week in week out. :wink:

Ditchford - Happy Days! The small lake was like features galore, everyone had their own little section - superb! The big lake well that seemed to hold a few lumps, I wish I'd have seriously carp fished these pits while I had the chance - but I was just winter piking.

The Wellingborough ticket used to have a small pit on it over the road from Barnwell, whats that one called? Was told at the time that it was weed choked but contained a small number of large fish.

I reckon in a couple of years I'll be fishing down your way week in week out. :wink:

I recon you should new Kev, its the place to be getting tickets for, you wait and see. As for ditchford, i learned to fish on there for the tench and roach. the first pit was propper, all them reeds growing out all about the place and the deeps with the overhangs and stuff. the causeway was always a good choice apart from the walk. although my favourite used to be off the elbow on the river bank or about 150 yards further back towards the lock. great float fishing. Some propper fish in there now. Not all massive and not the easiest place but very nice place to fish.

The lake at barnwell was good, fished it maily for the cruisians and tench but some good carp in there too. Lost a whacker in the top corner where the marina is. Loved the top corner swim casting down the margin to the left where the trees had overgrown and there was no swims...... :D