hooklenth material

tomdavpedley

I used to use suffix camo skin for my hooklengths but have just started using the new wychwood hookling material and think its great.

Its a coated braid, i use the 15lb version and its available in a number of colours - silt, gravel, weed...

i always try and match my hooklink and tubing to the bottom of the venue im fishing too as it can often stand out like a sore thumb if you dont check your rigs in the margin.

If its a really clear water or im fishing over light coloured gravel i may opt for fluro or plain old mono hooklinks, just see what is best for your water.

Tight lines:)

PS, wil have those pics of rigs ready for you by early next week tomdavpedley, cracking on with them at the moment.

For combis i use hybrid 15lb but have had a few breakages hybrid is a bit stiff for some waters so i use Mantis if i want it to be a bit more supple. Braid I use Merlin usually in 25lb cause i only use braid in weedy or silty waters and the ones i fish are snaggy, flurocarbon has to be 15lb IQ unless i want it stiff then i up the BS to 20/25lb