Braid Knots any different to Mono???

ellisdj

Could be a couple of things

1) How old is the braid?

2) What BS?

3) Could be the way that your mate is playing the fish, bearing in mind that there is no "stretch" with braid

A couple of things that has just come to mind, if your mate is getting snapped off a fair bit, I hope that he is using a "safe" rig, also depending on how much line he is losing each time is he letting the owner/baliff know as the fish could be getting snagged if it's pulling a lot around.

• 3 weeks later...

For just about every knot I have switched to the Grinner/Uni knot whether it be on braid or mono, I know it won't give way, but the Palomar is just as effective, in fact it is almost 100% efficient.

Blood knots can be very bad for some monos and nearly all braids, although with Amnesia the 2 or 3 turn blood knot is probably the best knot going.

With every knot, wet it or lubricate before pulling down tight or you can create a weakspot. A simple dab of spit on your knot works, or you can use Lypsil which some people do to avoid putting their mouth near the line which may give problems if Weils disease is prevalent.

A simple dab of spit on your knot works, or you can use Lypsil which some people do to avoid putting their mouth near the line which may give problems if Weils disease is prevalent.

Just out of interest as i'd never heard of it until now, how would you know if weils disease was prevalent? I just googled it and it doesn't sound pleasant!

A simple dab of spit on your knot works, or you can use Lypsil which some people do to avoid putting their mouth near the line which may give problems if Weils disease is prevalent.

Just out of interest as i'd never heard of it until now, how would you know if weils disease was prevalent? I just googled it and it doesn't sound pleasant!

You don't! Also bear in mind that Weils disease can be spread by Rats, Squirrels, Foxes, Badgers and some other mammals as well. Obviously if Rats are present and a problem you are not going to be licking your line.

You don't! Also bear in mind that Weils disease can be spread by Rats, Squirrels, Foxes, Badgers and some other mammals as well. Obviously if Rats are present and a problem you are not going to be licking your line.

ohps, at the weir i fish all the time i always lick the knots and keep the boilie stops in my mouth so i dont loose them while im re baiting and there are hundreds of rats there (literally) :oops:

Please do not forget humans.

One of the worst outbreaks of weils in the world accured when a large number reported ill,it was found the only commen denominator was a swimming pool.

The pool was checked for virmin ingress,none was found so blood test were conducted.

One carrier was found to have urinated in the pool :evil: