braided hooklinks tangle easy round your lead ?

leeboy728

i was thinking the other day if you have a braided hooklink not coated and you cast the lead will sink down first to the bottom and the hair rig will fall down on top of the lead and coil up around it wont it? this means that the carp are eating your bait right next to lead!

but i have used braided hooklinks and caught which means the carp cant really be spooking off the lead or anytihng else ???

:confused::confused:

depends on how they came to rest on the lake bed and what precautions you took to avoid a tangled hook link and lead

obviously the most effective set up is gonna be one that hasn't tangled up

I think that carp assosicate weights with danger on some waters

its my firm opinion that there are in all species the 'stupid' these will see the food and take out of greed the ones who have some savy won't as they'll have seen the shape of or realize what the lead is

so if you worry about how your rig came to rest use some tricks to aviod it happening

like place your weight and hooklink in a pva bag or use dissolving foam to protect the hook or anti tangle tubing above the weight

hellicoptor set up, combi or stiff rig

another trick to avoid the twist as the lead sinks is to reel in or keep the line tight this also helps you to feel the bottom of the lake as you'll feel a definate 'clonk' up your rod as the lead hits bottom (providing its firm)

personally (I know) that carp will be mouthing and moving the rig around without your knowledge even useing the lead to unhook themselfs this is why I seldem use a braid only set up I beleve I still need to avoid tangles not only on the cast but when in position on the lake bed if I feel I need a braided hooklink I'll use only the last quarter of the hooklink stripped back to keep the link supple below the hook

I use Braided Hooklinks a lot for my Fishing and have hardly any Tangles.

Strangely enough when I do get tangles, it seems to be as I reel in. (I do get in the water to check and have someone reel in for me at times ).

I use Leadcore for most of my fishing, which braid can tangle around, so I always fish PVA in some shape or form, either stringers or Bags. You can avoid Braid Tangles with Tubing better, but I prefer Leadcore at the moment.

If you put your hooklength in the PVA Bag, along with some pellets you have no trouble with Tangles at all.

If you want a single bait as Mick says, Use Kryston Superstiff

• 2 weeks later...

i used to be constantly paranoid bout the braid, especialy of hookbait landing on lead.. BUT been using uncoated braid for last 2 seasons and had vfew problems, i actualy think most tangles happen on retrieve? or if u ************ up the cast?, inlines and pulling hooklink thru pva mesh increased my confidence, also braid can be incredibly abrasion resistant and isnt shiny(when NOT coated)

And do you remember how long the longbraided hooklink stayed on bottom in part4 of kordav DVD....